I need help!!!
Author Message
 I need help!!!

I am new to perl and I need some help...I just downloaded and
installed the perl software (version 5+).  I am running on a WIN95
system.  When I tried running a perl script through an html document I
had a window come up telling me if I want to save it to disk or open
it (open my perl script which was gestbook.pl).  I said open it and
then it came up and asked me what I want to use to open it with.  How
do I make it work right?  I need someone's help please.  I tried to
read the FAQ's but they didn't help.  My perl is in a directory
c:\perl.   My html code and perl code is in c:\user.   The first line
of my perl code is #! \user\perl -w .  What am I doing wrong.  Someone
please help me...

Brian

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help!!!

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.tk
> Subject: I need help!!!

Yes, you do. You should read the frequent posting about choosing good
subject lines.

Quote:
> I am running on a WIN95 system. When I tried running a perl script
> through an html document

You're posting to the wrong newsgroup. You probably want a newsgroup about
your webserver, or its FAQ. You certainly don't want c.l.p.tk. Hope this
helps!

-- Tom Phoenix        http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Randal Schwartz Case:  http://www.rahul.net/jeffrey/ovs/

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP! New user need help with class project

2. HELP: Need help with "pattern matching"

3. need help!!! - please help

4. HELP.....Need help with Perl Script

5. HELP.....Need help with Perl Script

6. I need help!!!!! help me

7. Need Help help on Tk and perl

8. Need help concerning IO::Select and NET::YahooMessenger

9. Need help interpreting Devel::Leak output

10. Need help with broken CPAN

11. Need help with IOCTL on HP-UX

12. need help with packages