Runtime error in Perl executable
Author Message
 Runtime error in Perl executable

    A Perl module - RESTINI.PL - was compiled with the PDK 3.0, on an NT 4.0
workstation.  It was compiled thus:

    PerlApp -freestanding -s=RESTINI.PL

    Immediately upon executing RESTINI.EXE, there's an error message

C:\TEMP\restini\{947AEC00-6C99-11D5-9221-00500413E027}\ .) at Tk/Widget.pm line
259.

        I've confirmed that there is a Menu.pm in C:\PERL\SITE\LIB\TK.  I don't
understand the reference to C:\TEMP\RESTINI.  There is a C:\TEMP\RESTINI folder,
but it's unclear why it was created, and what is its purpose.  And most
importantly, why the message that Tk/Menu.pm is not located?

    Has anybody been through this process with a Tk-based menu system, and
experienced the above problems?

    Thanks for any suggestions or assistance.

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:39:31 GMT
 Runtime error in Perl executable

Quote:

>     A Perl module - RESTINI.PL - was compiled with the PDK 3.0, on an NT 4.0
> workstation.  It was compiled thus:

>     PerlApp -freestanding -s=RESTINI.PL

>     Immediately upon executing RESTINI.EXE, there's an error message

> C:\TEMP\restini\{947AEC00-6C99-11D5-9221-00500413E027}\ .) at Tk/Widget.pm
> line
> 259.

>         I've confirmed that there is a Menu.pm in
> C:\PERL\SITE\LIB\TK.  I don't understand the reference to
> C:\TEMP\RESTINI.  There is a C:\TEMP\RESTINI folder, but it's unclear
> why it was created, and what is its purpose.  And most importantly,
> why the message that Tk/Menu.pm is not located?

C:\PERL\SITE\LIB\TK is not present.  When you compile the applicatoin,
PerlApp apparently gathers everything it's going to need and stores it
in such a way that it will be placed in the temp directory while the
program runs.  I've not used PerlApp, but in perl2exe this error means
you need to explicitly add a "use Tk::Menu" to the script.

--
Kevin Michael Vail | a billion stars go spinning through the night,

. . . . . . . . .  | But _in_ you is the presence that
 . . . . . . . . . | will be, when all the stars are dead.  (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:22:55 GMT
 Runtime error in Perl executable
Quote:
>>I've not used PerlApp, but in perl2exe this error means you need to explicitly

add a "use Tk::Menu" to the script.<<

That makes sense.  Thanks for the assistance Kevin, will test it out on Monday.

Thu, 18 Dec 2003 06:26:41 GMT

1. HELP WANTED: runtime error message: VARIABLE ERROR.

2. Win32::AdminMisc and "error: Runtime Error"

3. Help w/newbie Perl runtime Error

4. Runtime Error in Perl

5. Help w/newbie Perl runtime Error

6. perl, tk, ftp runtime error

7. perl wrapper scripts of executables with sticky executable bit

8. EventLog Gets Runtime Exception Error

9. ExtUtils::MakeMaker runtime error

10. HELP! Runtime Exception Error

11. Runtime Error in LanMan EnumShares

12. runtime errors - Q how to do this