getSaveFile
Author Message
 getSaveFile

Greetings,
     I want to have an option whereby someone could opt to append to an
existing file.  Currently, if I select an existing file, I am only able
to overwrite the file.  Any ideas.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 getSaveFile

Quote:
> Greetings,
>      I want to have an option whereby someone could opt to append to an
> existing file.  Currently, if I select an existing file, I am only able
> to overwrite the file.  Any ideas.

That sounds like a Perl question (comp.lang.perl.misc) but isn't it

open (HANDLE, ">>filename.ext")

instead of

open (HANDLE, ">filename.ext")

?

Ciao, thomas.

Thomas Schmickl,
Department for zoology
Karl Franzens University Graz, Austria.
Visit the GPL e:doc-project on http://members.magnet.at/hfbuch/edoc

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bugs in getSaveFile?

2. problem with getSaveFile..."fBox" appears

3. Make FileSelect works with getOpenFile/getSaveFile (typo corrected)

4. Make FileSelect works with getOpenFile/getSaveFile

5. getSaveFile probs

6. Can't set -initialdir for getOpenFile or getSaveFile in Linux, Solaris, or Windows

7. Catching hold of chdir in getSaveFile()

8. Why is getSaveFile ignoreing the requesetd directory?

9. Where can I find docs on getSaveFile

10. getSavefile problem, another report

11. getSavefile problem

12. getSaveFile dialog