Help with CGI and text transfer
Author Message
 Help with CGI and text transfer

I am relatively new to perl. I just wanted some help in creating a simple
password varification system for my web site. I have the form in my HTML
document with two text boxes in my form. One for the name of the person, the
other for the password they wish to chose. After they click the submit button,
I want the name and password to be sent to a text file where it will be saved,
and be able to be used later.

Also, I just wanted to know how to use the information in a stored text file in
a page written with HTML.

I'd really appreciate any help, a pseudocode would be especially useful.
-Evan Peters

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with CGI and text transfer

Quote:

> I am relatively new to perl. I just wanted some help in creating a simple
> password varification system for my web site. I have the form in my HTML
> document with two text boxes in my form. One for the name of the person, the
> other for the password they wish to chose. After they click the submit button,
> I want the name and password to be sent to a text file where it will be saved,
> and be able to be used later.

> Also, I just wanted to know how to use the information in a stored text file in
> a page written with HTML.

Wha...? You mean you don't want to write the code yourself? Wonders!

There are plenty of freely available password/username authentication scripts on
the Internet.

Here's one:

http://www.dcscripts.com/dcprotect.shtml

I hope it works for you.

-chris

Oh! And by the way, the proper newsgroup for this question would have been:

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. <!---Help with CGI and text transfer--->

2. About TEXT transfer to GIF

3. Text file transfers between OS's

4. About TEXT transfer to GIF

5. Net::DNS zone transfer requires that transfer-format be set to one-answer

6. CGI : transferring a whole file

7. Perl/CGI file transfer

8. CGI, Perl & auto file transfer

9. Domain Name Transferring With CGI and *NOT Java Script

10. cgi param transfer?

11. transfer files from Win95 clients by perl-cgi

12. CGI, Perl & auto file transfer