Help with pulling text out of a Tk::Text
Author Message
 Help with pulling text out of a Tk::Text

Yeah, I'm a newbie at pTk, and I was wondering...

How do I pull all the text out of a Tk::Text?

Something like...

$data = (something with a TextBox $text here).

Thanks in advance!  Doumo Arigatou Gozaimasu!

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:56:20 GMT
 Help with pulling text out of a Tk::Text

says...

Quote:
> Yeah, I'm a newbie at pTk, and I was wondering...

> How do I pull all the text out of a Tk::Text?

> Something like...

> $data = (something with a TextBox $text here).

        $data = $text->get('1.0', 'end');

--
  Marc Dashevsky -- Remove '_' from address if replying by e-mail.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:19:03 GMT
 Help with pulling text out of a Tk::Text
Ah, doumo.

Quote:
> says...
> > Yeah, I'm a newbie at pTk, and I was wondering...

> > How do I pull all the text out of a Tk::Text?

> > Something like...

> > $data = (something with a TextBox $text here).

> $data = $text->get('1.0', 'end');

> --
>   Marc Dashevsky -- Remove '_' from address if replying by e-mail.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:16:42 GMT

1. Help pulling text chunks

2. Color Coding Text in a Tk::Text Widget

3. scrollbars, Tk::Text, large text

4. TK::Text - Inserting text

5. Tk::Text text width with non-fixed fonts

6. Tag for all new text in Tk::Text

7. pulling out text from between two strings

8. pull out last line in a text file

9. Pull out HREFs from text?

10. Pulling text from a URL

11. Newbie Q: Pulling Specific Text From A String

12. Q: using perl for cgi script that pulls lines from text file