installing Tk with out installing
Author Message
 installing Tk with out installing

hello all

i would like to install perl:Tk but the sys admin wont install it for me.

how can i extract the files i need after perl Makefile.PL;make and put
them locally to the script

thanks

Dav....

Sat, 07 May 2005 00:19:50 GMT
 installing Tk with out installing
Try install it to /my/Tk/path and add
use lib '/my/Tk/path';
in your code.
Quote:

> hello all

> i would like to install perl:Tk but the sys admin wont install it for me.

> how can i extract the files i need after perl Makefile.PL;make and put
> them locally to the script

> thanks

> Dav....

Sat, 07 May 2005 00:51:13 GMT
 installing Tk with out installing

Quote:
> Try install it to /my/Tk/path and add
> use lib '/my/Tk/path';
> in your code.

Or add /my/Tk/path to the PERLLIB environment variable.
  This is how I pick up my library of perl modules that I've
  written.  I see no reason that it wouldn't work Tk as well...
  at least not on a unix platform.
Quote:

> > hello all

> > i would like to install perl:Tk but the sys admin wont install it for me.

> > how can i extract the files i need after perl Makefile.PL;make and put
> > them locally to the script

> > thanks

> > Dav....

Sat, 07 May 2005 11:56:24 GMT

1. Perl/Tk Packages (Was: RE: (More) Problems Installing Perl/Tk)

2. Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk

3. Installing GDBM_File.pm after perl install

4. Easy install required for MacPerl 5.20r4 to install StandardFile shared lib

5. Installing XML::Parser 'make install error'

6. install dbd::mysql without installing mysql ??

7. (Linux beginner) How to de-install and re-install Perl on Linux

8. Install complains that installed modules are not found

9. Install: Sorry, but how to install a module?

10. Installing Perl on Windows95- Problem with Install.bat

11. Perl 5.003 Install Question: Install without compiler?

12. installing new modules in newly installed linux