Minimizing DOS Window on ActivePerl 6.23 under Windows ME
Author Message
 Minimizing DOS Window on ActivePerl 6.23 under Windows ME

        Why is it that whenever I use ActivePerl 6.23 to run a Tk application
under Windows ME, the Console window always gets minimized? Is there some
statement somewhere in the Tk package module that causes this to happen, because
I can't find any.

                                                - Lyle Goldman

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:00:53 GMT
 Minimizing DOS Window on ActivePerl 6.23 under Windows ME
I don't know if it is as much a standard as it is what was coded.

What I mean is that if you code a line like:

                                        $main->minsize(800, 600);

then the window will be minimized at this size and allow you to maximize.
If the minsize command was changed to a maxsize command then the window
would begin maximized.  I am also running into the problem of trying to
start an application maximized.  The two problems that I am having are #1:
trying to use GetTerminalSize to dynamically allocate the parameters and #2:
Even if I'm able to get the GetTeminalSize to work, how do I center it?

Sorry I couldn't give more of a definitive answer but maybe you should look
toward these to venues as well.  You may stumble across something that I
haven't.

Quote:

> Why is it that whenever I use ActivePerl 6.23 to run a Tk application
> under Windows ME, the Console window always gets minimized? Is there some
> statement somewhere in the Tk package module that causes this to happen,
because
> I can't find any.

> - Lyle Goldman

Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:41:27 GMT
 Minimizing DOS Window on ActivePerl 6.23 under Windows ME

Quote:
> I don't know if it is as much a standard as it is what was coded.

> What I mean is that if you code a line like:

>                                         $main->minsize(800, 600);

> then the window will be minimized at this size and allow you to
maximize.
> If the minsize command was changed to a maxsize command then the
window
> would begin maximized.  I am also running into the problem of trying
> start an application maximized.  The two problems that I am having are
#1:
> trying to use GetTerminalSize to dynamically allocate the parameters
and #2:
> Even if I'm able to get the GetTeminalSize to work, how do I center
it?

> Sorry I couldn't give more of a definitive answer but maybe you should
look
> toward these to venues as well.  You may stumble across something that
> haven't.

> > Why is it that whenever I use ActivePerl 6.23 to run a Tk
application
> > under Windows ME, the Console window always gets minimized? Is there
some
> > statement somewhere in the Tk package module that causes this to
happen,
> because
> > I can't find any.

> > - Lyle Goldman

        Actually, that is not quite what I meant. I was actually
referring to the MS-DOS Command Prompt window used to launch the Perl/Tk
application. I want that window to remain attached to the process so
that I can see error messages, but when I run a Perl program, the window
keeps getting minimized. What is causing that to happen?

                                                - Lyle Goldman

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:35:29 GMT

1. Showing a Tk window using Activeperl and SOAP on windows

2. Nonmember submission: Re: Showing a Tk window using Activeperl and SOAP on windows

3. Nixing the DOS/Command Window under Windows ?

4. Nixing the DOS/Command Window under Windows ?

5. ActivePerl: DOS window opening during scheduled execution

6. ActivePerl Windows 2000 online documentation

7. ActivePerl, Windows 2000 and 2+GB of Memory

8. ActivePerl alarm() on Windows

9. Running ActivePerl scripts on Windows: simple question

10. ActivePerl not working on Windows 2000

11. ActivePerl build 630, perldoc problem on Windows ME

12. ActivePerl Windows 2000 online documentation