How to use Perl script in Windows Logon
Author Message
 How to use Perl script in Windows Logon

I am trying to put a logon script into the NT Netlogon share so that users
have to run the script during a login.  The script is called by a batch file
and the domain controllers are all installed with Perl.

The problem I have is that the script keeps complaining that the dynamic
library PerlCRT.dll cannot be located. There is no Perl installed on the
client.  But I can run the script if I log on to the server.

How can I have the logon script runs probably when the client log on from a
workstation?

TIA.

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use Perl script in Windows Logon
Put PerlCRT.dll into the NetLogon share of all your domain controllers. I use
scripts compiled with Perl2Exe in my scripts, and I put both of the required
DLL's (PerlCRT and P2xdll.dll) into the NetLogon shares, and the compiled script
runs on all PC's using logon scripts.

Hope this helps,
--Chuck

Quote:

> I am trying to put a logon script into the NT Netlogon share so that users
> have to run the script during a login.  The script is called by a batch file
> and the domain controllers are all installed with Perl.

> The problem I have is that the script keeps complaining that the dynamic
> library PerlCRT.dll cannot be located. There is no Perl installed on the
> client.  But I can run the script if I log on to the server.

> How can I have the logon script runs probably when the client log on from a
> workstation?

> TIA.

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use Perl script in Windows Logon
I use ActiveState perl for to control login, by invoking the login
script from the wstation's startup folder.  A batch file puts perl/bin
on the path then calls perl on a script.  I just make sure that
perlcrt.dll is in the perl/bin directory, perl.exe knows to look there
for it.  It's very handy this way, I don't have to install Perl on
each workstation.   Large portions of my users' interaction with the
network are through perl scripts that run from the server.

HTH

Quote:

> Put PerlCRT.dll into the NetLogon share of all your domain controllers. I use
> scripts compiled with Perl2Exe in my scripts, and I put both of the required
> DLL's (PerlCRT and P2xdll.dll) into the NetLogon shares, and the compiled script
> runs on all PC's using logon scripts.

> Hope this helps,
> --Chuck

> > I am trying to put a logon script into the NT Netlogon share so that users
> > have to run the script during a login.  The script is called by a batch file
> > and the domain controllers are all installed with Perl.

> > The problem I have is that the script keeps complaining that the dynamic
> > library PerlCRT.dll cannot be located. There is no Perl installed on the
> > client.  But I can run the script if I log on to the server.

> > How can I have the logon script runs probably when the client log on from a
> > workstation?

> > TIA.

--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--

       "Irony is what they make two-edged swords from."
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use Perl script in Windows Logon
To Rich and Chuck,

Gents,

Would you two care to take a few minutes to help me out?  I'm not a sysadmin,
I'm a security consultant.  I work on NT and do a LOT of Perl programming.  One of the

questions I have run across is how to automate some tasks w/o loading Perl on every
workstation.  I have my own methods, but you developed yours.

Could you document what you did, in fairly exact terms, so that other sysadmins would
be able to replicate it?  I'd like to post it on the Perl-NTAdmins listserver, as well
as at
other places where NT-Perl code is kept.

I will ensure that the proper credit is given.  I'd just like to see it up on the web
someplace.
If it's already there, fine...can you send me a URL?  Otherwise, I'd like to at least
post if off
of my web page...at an absolute minimum.

Thanks,

Carv

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to use Perl script in Windows Logon

2. How to use Perl script in Windows Logon

3. Using perl in an NT logon script

4. Win32/16: Using perl as NT logon script processor

5. windows nt logon scripts

6. Connect to network printer with Perl logon script?

7. Untangling NT Logon Scripts

8. ETRADE logon script

9. logon script NT

10. Need to edit cgi script using Windows PC, which prog to use

11. Windows Script Component using PerlScript

12. Calling another Perl script (on UNIX) from a script on Windows NT