Text Widget configuration
Author Message
 Text Widget configuration

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF4B83.D622B120

Hello all,

I am using a text widget with tags as an alarm manager, showing different
colours for different severity alarms.

I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the deletion of text within
this widget?

Also, is it possible to change the menu that appears with a right-click, so
that it displays some customised options?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Adam S.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF4B83.D622B120

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Text Widget configuration</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hello all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I am using a text widget with tags as an alarm =
manager, showing different colours for different severity =
alarms.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I was wondering if there is a way to prevent =
the deletion of text within this widget?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Also, is it possible to change the menu that =
appears with a right-click, so that it displays some customised =
options?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks for your help.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Regards,</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Adam S.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01BF4B83.D622B120--

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Widget configuration

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I am using a text widget with tags as an alarm manager, showing different
> colours for different severity alarms.
> I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the deletion of text within
> this widget?

  One way u can do this is by configuring the -state option to disabled and changing it to normal when u want to add text.

     ie $Text->configure(  -state => 'disabled' );

    and when u want to add text  --
       $Text->configure( -state => 'normal' );

Regards,

Basavaraj Khuba

Quote:

> Also, is it possible to change the menu that appears with a right-click, so
> that it displays some customised options?

> Thanks for your help.

> Regards,
> Adam S.

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Widget configuration

Quote:

> > Hello all,

> > I am using a text widget with tags as an alarm manager, showing different
> > colours for different severity alarms.

> > I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the deletion of text within
> > this widget?
>   One way u can do this is by configuring the -state option to disabled and changing it to normal when u want to add text.

>      ie $Text->configure(  -state => 'disabled' );

>     and when u want to add text  --
>        $Text->configure( -state => 'normal' );

> > Also, is it possible to change the menu that appears with a right-click, so
> > that it displays some customised options?

     Inherit the Tk::Text widget as Tk::MyText etc,  and overide the Button2 method in it.

Regards,

Basavaraj Khuba

Quote:

> > Thanks for your help.

> > Regards,
> > Adam S.

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Entry widget and -textvariable configuration option..

2. Taking a configuration option in a mega widget

3. module to read text configuration file?

4. Perl Configuration Info for Mult-Edit Text Editor

5. Q: Changing Text-Color in Text-Widget?

6. text formatting in a Text widget

7. How update text in text widget when executing some other callback

8. Color Coding Text in a Tk::Text Widget

9. Checking for marked or selected text in a Text widget

10. Grabbing Text from Text widget

11. Retrieving a line of text from a Text Widget when clicking on it

12. Making text appear in a text widget...