message widget
Author Message
 message widget

Can someone show me how to properly invoke a message widget. This is
what I've tried, but I don't get a message.

--------------------------------------

{
   my $msg = $main->Message(-text=>'Sorry, nothing found with these
parameters!');
   sleep 2;
   $msg->destroy;
   return();

Quote:
}

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 message widget

Quote:

>Can someone show me how to properly invoke a message widget. This is
>what I've tried, but I don't get a message.

>--------------------------------------

>{
>   my $msg = $main->Message(-text=>'Sorry, nothing found with these
>parameters!');
>   sleep 2;
>   $msg->destroy;
>   return();
>}

You have not "packed" the Message - do you really want a Tk::Dialog,
i.e. somthing that opens a new window?

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 message widget

Quote:
> Can someone show me how to properly invoke a message widget. This is
> what I've tried, but I don't get a message.
> --------------------------------------

> {
>    my $msg = $main->Message(-text=>'Sorry, nothing found with these
> parameters!');
>    sleep 2;
>    $msg->destroy;
>    return();
> }

I think,
  [1] '->pack' is needed.
  [2] 'sleep 2' prevents X-event-loop. '->after' is better for
      this purpose.

How about this?

  my $main = MainWindow->new;

    $msg = $main->Message(-text=>'Sorry, nothing found with these
    parameters!')->pack;
    Tk->after(2000 => sub { $msg->MainWindow->destroy });
  }

========

If you feel my english is strange, please correct me.
As a "casual" programmer, I really need 'perl/Tk'.

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Message widget: deprecated?

2. Messages to TEXT widget do not appear..

3. PERLFUNC: msgsnd - send a SysV IPC message to a message queue

4. PERLFUNC: msgrcv - receive a SysV IPC message from a message queue

5. PERLFUNC: msgsnd - send a SysV IPC message to a message queue

6. PERLFUNC: msgrcv - receive a SysV IPC message from a message queue

7. Faked Messages Re: Cancel messages

8. Composite Widget with NO widgets - Possible?

9. Can Tk Widget and Xt Widget work together?

10. Is there a Tree widget in perlTk that resembles the Tree widget in Tk

11. Graph widgets in general (was Re: BLT Graph Widget)

12. pTk 8.4.24 widget patch #1 - widget demo and friends bug fixes/modernizations