Simple question: Saving text widgets text
Author Message
 Simple question: Saving text widgets text

I checked the FAQ but no luck.

How do I save text in a text widget back to a file.
I see text widget has a insert but not a read?

--Ross

Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:32:27 GMT
 Simple question: Saving text widgets text

Quote:

> How do I save text in a text widget back to a file.
> I see text widget has a insert but not a read?

You want the 'get' method.  The man page describes the arguments.

--
Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:01:18 GMT
 Simple question: Saving text widgets text

Quote:

>> How do I save text in a text widget back to a file.
>> I see text widget has a insert but not a read?

>You want the 'get' method.  The man page describes the arguments.

                        .
                        .
                        .
It's very likely this completely addresses swan's
intent.

More generally, though, a text has more in it than
just content; other pertinent attributes include
fonts, colors, tags, embedded images, and so on.
For this larger problem, see
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:01:09 GMT

1. best way to save text in Text widget

2. save what is in a text widget

3. Q: Changing Text-Color in Text-Widget?

4. text formatting in a Text widget

5. How update text in text widget when executing some other callback

6. Color Coding Text in a Tk::Text Widget

7. Checking for marked or selected text in a Text widget

8. Grabbing Text from Text widget

9. Retrieving a line of text from a Text Widget when clicking on it

10. Making text appear in a text widget...

11. text in a Text widget

12. Displaying text formats in a text widget...