Error: Runtime exception
Author Message
 Error: Runtime exception

Hallo
I am trying to build my own 'find' application using perl and Tk. (I am
aware of find2perl) on
a WINDOWS 95 platform.
Tk widgets work fine.
Running my own find.pl works sometimes.
Giving always some inbetween results (debugging)
but very often finishes with
Error: Runtime exception
and back I am at the command window and no Tk-window or running perl
anymore.
From whom is this message? Perl or TK? (If the latter, I probably have some
thinking error
in my Tk-usage [newbie])
Thanks in advance
    Peter

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: Runtime exception
Peter,

what are your Perl and Tk versions? Does the widget demo run correctly?
The demo should reside in \perl\5.005\ as "widget" (file with no
extension) unless you use Active State's Perl and unless they put it
somewhere else.

Regards,

Juergen

"Dr. Peter K.H. Gragert" schrieb:

Quote:

> Hallo
> I am trying to build my own 'find' application using perl and Tk. (I am
> aware of find2perl) on
> a WINDOWS 95 platform.
> Tk widgets work fine.
> Running my own find.pl works sometimes.
> Giving always some inbetween results (debugging)
> but very often finishes with
> Error: Runtime exception
> and back I am at the command window and no Tk-window or running perl
> anymore.
> From whom is this message? Perl or TK? (If the latter, I probably have some
> thinking error
> in my Tk-usage [newbie])
> Thanks in advance
>     Peter

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: Runtime exception
Hallo Jrgen,
ActiveState Version perl: 5.005_003, widget runs (all demos)  without
problems.
Tk::VERSION prints: 800.014
Should I include my script? ca. 4KB

Quote:
> Peter,

> what are your Perl and Tk versions? Does the widget demo run correctly?
> The demo should reside in \perl\5.005\ as "widget" (file with no
> extension) unless you use Active State's Perl and unless they put it
> somewhere else.

> Regards,

> Juergen

---

> "Dr. Peter K.H. Gragert" schrieb:

> > Hallo
> > I am trying to build my own 'find' application using perl and Tk. (I am
> > aware of find2perl) on
> > a WINDOWS 95 platform.
> > Tk widgets work fine.
> > Running my own find.pl works sometimes.
> > Giving always some inbetween results (debugging)
> > but very often finishes with
> > Error: Runtime exception
> > and back I am at the command window and no Tk-window or running perl
> > anymore.
> > From whom is this message? Perl or TK? (If the latter, I probably have
some
> > thinking error
> > in my Tk-usage [newbie])
> > Thanks in advance
> >     Peter

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: Runtime exception
Peter,

your Perl and Tk versions seem to be OK (at least the version numbers
:-)

Build your own de{*filter*} by adding a variable like $debug = 1 and adding
tons of printing lines (print to STDOUT or a log file) into your program
like print thisandthat if ($debug). If you want to get rid of the prints
you may either delete them or simply set $debug to 0. I often find this
method much easier than any interactive de{*filter*}.

Regards

Juergen

"Dr. Peter K.H. Gragert" schrieb:

Quote:

> Hallo Jrgen,
> ActiveState Version perl: 5.005_003, widget runs (all demos)  without
> problems.
> Tk::VERSION prints: 800.014
> Should I include my script? ca. 4KB

> > Peter,

> > what are your Perl and Tk versions? Does the widget demo run correctly?
> > The demo should reside in \perl\5.005\ as "widget" (file with no
> > extension) unless you use Active State's Perl and unless they put it
> > somewhere else.

> > Regards,

> > Juergen

> ---

> > "Dr. Peter K.H. Gragert" schrieb:

> > > Hallo
> > > I am trying to build my own 'find' application using perl and Tk. (I am
> > > aware of find2perl) on
> > > a WINDOWS 95 platform.
> > > Tk widgets work fine.
> > > Running my own find.pl works sometimes.
> > > Giving always some inbetween results (debugging)
> > > but very often finishes with
> > > Error: Runtime exception
> > > and back I am at the command window and no Tk-window or running perl
> > > anymore.
> > > From whom is this message? Perl or TK? (If the latter, I probably have
> some
> > > thinking error
> > > in my Tk-usage [newbie])
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >     Peter

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: Runtime exception
Hallo every interested one.

Because my program does it's work sometime (Windows 95): I  probably
found the "REASON"

If I have to much jobs running, I get
Error: Runtime execption
After closing several jobs. the error disappears.
So IMHO it means it is a "MEMORY" (or windows resources?) problem.

Opening jobs ==> error occurs.

Have a nice day dear reader
    Peter

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: Runtime exception
Hello,

I remember having had a very similar problem with writing a graphical
user interface in Cobol. Windows95 really seems to be *very* poor with
resources: I got runtime errors when I put more than about 160 text
labels into a main window.

Juergen

---------------------------------

"Dr. Peter K.H. Gragert" schrieb:

Quote:

> Hallo every interested one.

> Because my program does it's work sometime (Windows 95): I  probably
> found the "REASON"

> If I have to much jobs running, I get
> Error: Runtime execption
> After closing several jobs. the error disappears.
> So IMHO it means it is a "MEMORY" (or windows resources?) problem.

> Opening jobs ==> error occurs.

> Have a nice day dear reader
>     Peter

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error : Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

2. Error : Runtime exception with win32Api...

3. Error: Runtime Exception <-- on longrunning sub

4. Error: Runtime Exception <-- on longrunning sub

5. Error : Runtime exception with Win32Api... Why??????

6. EventLog Gets Runtime Exception Error

7. HELP! Runtime Exception Error

8. Runtime exception error, PerlApp

9. Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

10. gdwin32 doesn't appear to work (Runtime Exception)

11. runtime exception in activestate perl when using modules

12. Pattern match causing runtime exception