Multiple MainWindows
Author Message
 Multiple MainWindows

I've just written my first Tk application using perl5.002:
it involves multiple MainWindows, each on a different display.

Once I've created all the MainWindows,
I enter the MainLoop to wait for events from any of them.

It looks like button-presses on some of the remote displays are ineffective:
& tracing the control-flow shows that the callback subroutines are not called.

<Enter> & <Leave> events are triggered when the mouse cursor enters or leaves
a button on the remote displays, but callbacks attached to these buttons aren't.

It seems as though only one of the multiple MainWindow's buttons will work at any moment,
& when that window has been destroyed, another MainWindow is given some attention,
& it's buttons will suddenly start working.

Any clues: am I not allowed to have multiple MainWindows ?

--

                     /\
                  /\/  \
  |<            /          \
  P/\           Dr. Alistair Ward,
 <\__,\      Business Technology Organisation,
  "> /-/        Salomon Brothers International Limited.
   `/-/ |       Tel:    +44-171-721-2128.
   /-/  >    Fax:    +44-171-721-2605.

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie:size of mainwindows

2. accessing MainWindows widget after the user clicks the X (clo

3. accessing MainWindows widget after the user clicks the X (close) button

4. Close all MainWindows + cleanup per MainWindow

5. MainWindows Option ???

6. Regex Multiple occurances of a pattern in multiple lines

7. CGI.pm redirect multiple cookies or multiple domains

8. Regex problem: Multiple matches across Multiple lines

9. Multiple edits, multiple files

10. Does multiple scripts require multiple PERLs?

11. How can I *shrink* widgets & mainwindows?

12. Calling a Perl script with multiple args on multiple lines.