Combining Perl and HTML
Author Message
 Combining Perl and HTML

I wonder if anyone can help me.  I know both Perl and HTML, but how do I
link them together for making web pages ?  Also, do I have to be properly
linked up (server,modem etc.) to be able to run Perl programs on something
like Netscape Navigator ?

Many thanks for your time and help.
Chrome Magnon.

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Combining Perl and HTML

Quote:

>I wonder if anyone can help me.  I know both Perl and HTML, but how do I
>link them together for making web pages ?  Also, do I have to be properly
>linked up (server,modem etc.) to be able to run Perl programs on something
>like Netscape Navigator ?
>Many thanks for your time and help.
>Chrome Magnon.

Do you means use perl on Web server ? You may try cgi program.
William

Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Combining Perl and HTML

Quote:

> I wonder if anyone can help me.  I know both Perl and HTML, but how do I
> link them together for making web pages ?  Also, do I have to be properly
> linked up (server,modem etc.) to be able to run Perl programs on something
> like Netscape Navigator ?

> Many thanks for your time and help.
> Chrome Magnon.

This is probably more appropriate on comp.lang.perl.misc as
there is no Tk involved in Netscape.

There was talk of using Penguin to allow Java-like applets in perl.
And of course perl is widely used to write CGI (server side) apps.

Wed, 18 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Combining Perl and HTML

With a subject like "combining Perl and HTML," I thought I would get
to draw fun analogies like combining awk and troff... oh well. :-)

gjb> I wonder if anyone can help me.  I know both Perl and HTML, but
gjb> how do I link them together for making web pages ?  Also, do I
gjb> have to be properly linked up (server,modem etc.) to be able to
gjb> run Perl programs on something like Netscape Navigator ?

You want to see the FAQ for comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi, where
you'll be able to use Perl on a web server to spit out appropriate
HTML that will then be interpreted and displayed by your browser.

If you actually want to run Perl on the client side, then you need to
take a look at Penguin ("Java done right.") Check the Perl home page
for pointers to info on that: http://www.perl.com/perl/

-matt

C Matthew Curtin                                                Chief Hacker
Fahlgren, Inc.    655 Metro Pl S, Ste 700, Box 7159     Dublin OH 43017-7159

--
C Matthew Curtin                                                Chief Hacker
Fahlgren, Inc.    655 Metro Pl S, Ste 700, Box 7159     Dublin OH 43017-7159

Thu, 19 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Combining Script and HTML

2. combining HTTP::Response and HTML::Stream

3. Combining lines to a HTML page

4. combining of Perl-C and C-Perl calls

5. perl script to combine news posts

6. Combining perl with tcl/tk scripts ???

7. Combining Perl and TCL

8. Perl & MS Windows App combined

9. Combining Perl and Lisp?!

10. Perl and Javascript - combining the two

11. Perl/CGI Combined file upload & e-mail

12. Combining Animated Gifs in Perl?