Open dialogbox in background
Author Message
 Open dialogbox in background

Hi,
I want to 2 dialog boxes (Tk::DialogBox) to be displayed at the same
time. But when I do
  $dialog1->Show;
  $dialog2->Show;
both dialogs appear one after another: I've to press 'Ok' before the
second one appears.  Furthermore, while the dialogs are open, I can't
modify any widget in the toplevel window.  Both dialogs have buttons,
but I don't need to evaluate the return values.

Maybe I use the wrong widget? I want to open a new window with text
and buttons, but I couldn't find anything except Tk::DialogBox.

HAND, Johannes

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:10:45 GMT
 Open dialogbox in background

Quote:
>Maybe I use the wrong widget? I want to open a new window with text
>and buttons, but I couldn't find anything except Tk::DialogBox.

Yep, I think you did. DialogBoxes are used for a fairly specific
purpose in most applications that I've ever seen, and they do
grab the focus as you said.

Try using a Toplevel widget instead. I think that's probably
closer to what you're looking for. Keep in mind that you will
be responsible for getting rid of the window when you are
done with it.

Rob

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:00:12 GMT

1. wait for DialogBox->Show to completely remove the DialogBox from screen

2. Bug in DialogBox

3. Controlling the focus of Window - like DialogBox.

4. A doubt in dialogbox->withdraw...

5. pTk 8.4.24 patch - DialogBox.pm, document advertised subwidgets

6. tk-dialogbox slow

7. Nonmember submission: Re: tk-dialogbox slow

8. DialogBox : Hoew to detect if OK or Cancel

9. Patch to allow adding a Scrolled widget to a DialogBox

10. DialogBox modification

11. DialogBox widget

12. dialogbox under win95