TK PERL 11.x HPUX Make
Author Message
 TK PERL 11.x HPUX Make

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to compile on an HPUX machine
using that standard C compiler that is included in release 9.x?

Thanks for any help,

SSgt Galen Smallen
Eielson AFB, Alaska

Sat, 21 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TK PERL 11.x HPUX Make

Quote:
>Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to compile on an HPUX machine
>using that standard C compiler that is included in release 9.x?

>Thanks for any help,

>SSgt Galen Smallen
>Eielson AFB, Alaska

With cc as opposed to gcc there were many suggestions about libraries and '-z'
switches. I have put a collection of such anecdotes on the world wide web at:

   http://w4.lns.cornell.edu/~pvhp/ptk/hints/hpux/

Unfortunately my editing time is quite limited and you will have to read
through all of them to figure out what you need. Let us know how you make
out...

Peter Prymmer

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TK PERL 11.x HPUX Make

Quote:
>Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to compile on an HPUX machine
>using that standard C compiler that is included in release 9.x?
>Thanks for any help,
>SSgt Galen Smallen
>Eielson AFB, Alaska

You could install GNU C.  A pre-built distribution of gcc 2.6.3, GNU
binutils and etc. for HPUX 9.01, PA RISC 1.1 are available via
anonymous ftp from jaguar.cs.utah.edu in the /dist directory.
See the README in that directory for more info.

good luck

Greg

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. perl compilation on HPUX-11

2. Invalid loader fixup in text space error on HPUX 11 on PERL DBD

3. Out of memory problem in Tk/MkMainWindow.pm (Perl/Tk) on HP-UX 11

4. Out of memory problem in Tk/MkMainWindow.pm (Perl/Tk) on HP-UX 11

5. GD 1.30 Compile Problem on HPUX 11

6. HPUX 11

7. Installing Perl and Perl/Tk on HP-UX 11

8. Installing Perl and Perl/Tk on HP-UX 11

9. perl/tk on an hp-ux b.11

10. compilin perl hpux 11.0 problem

11. PERL 5.005_02 under HPUX 11.00

12. 5th Annual Tcl/Tk Workshop '97 - Submission Deadline March 11, 1997