Efficiency of some regexp patterns
Author Message
 Efficiency of some regexp patterns

FYI: this (style and efficiency of various techniques of signle-char match)
was discussed here recently in another thread, "Help on SORT":
http://www.*-*-*.com/
48A8%40mail-in.comverse-in.com
Quote:
> > time ago, and I just read yours today.  Style and preference
> > -- they're a phase-of-the moon thing.

> Yeah, I sorta agree.  Except when I don't. :)

> > Back to the original "efficiency" issue -- I think that a
> > single character match is constant time with either a
> > self-match or a character class.

> I'm sure we're talking trivial here.  There must be some
> extra overhead

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 03:54:00 GMT
 Efficiency of some regexp patterns

Quote:

> FYI: this (style and efficiency of various techniques of signle-char match)
> was discussed here recently in another thread, "Help on SORT":
> http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=6B1DF6EEBA51D31182F2009027404...
> 48A8%40mail-in.comverse-in.com

Thanks for pointing it out to me.  I hadn't remembered it,
but I made a similar point in that discussion too.  There's
something to be said for being consistent - at least I
understand my own code!!!  :-)

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:17:36 GMT

1. Efficiency of some regexp patterns

2. Efficiency of some regexp patterns

3. Efficiency of some regexp patterns

4. Oracle + Delphi5: Transactions and Locking

5. Variant does not reference an automation object

6. ReadOnly

7. Need help

8. adding a new field to existing table

9. Pattern Matching Efficiency