Module development: once is enough
Author Message
 Module development: once is enough

I spotted the item in perltodo about an alternative, functional RE
syntax.  I've started work on a module called REfun.  Although I don't
have anything to show to the world yet, I'm already getting some
promising results.

Is there an official way to claim the pumpkin for modules like this?
There's no point in several people producing similar modules.

To give you a flavour of where the module is headed, the following
test code --

        #!perl -w
        use strict;
        use lib('.');
        use REfun;

        print join "\n",

        REanyof('one', 'two', 'three')->
                REanyof('four', 'five', REdigit)->REdigit,

        REwhitespace->REdigit->REwhitespace->REdigit->REwordboundary,

        REbegline->REliteral('TR')->REdigit->REdigit->REendline;

-- produces the following output:

        (?:one|two|three)(?:four|five|\d)\d
        \s\d\s\d\b
        ^TR\d\d$

I'll announce it when it's ready for some pummelling.  :-)

Markus

--
Web site of the week (UK only): < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;:
A free personal firewall for Windows and NT

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Module development: once is enough

Quote:

> Is there an official way to claim the pumpkin for modules like this?
> There's no point in several people producing similar modules.

You know about CPAN, right?  The Comprehensive Perl Archive Network?
        (ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN, but TIMTOWTDI.)

You've probably even seen the file "00modlist.long.html".
Have you read it?
Especially "Part 1 - Modules: Creation, Use and Abuse",
and section "1.2 - Guidelines for Module Creation", and
paragraph "1.2.11 - How to release and distribute a module".

Hope this helps.

--
John Porter

She wears an Egyptian ring
It sparkles before she speaks

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. TQuery append not found with prior & next method calls

2. Where to Download BDE?

3. Overview: Testing Computer Software Conference (TCS2001)

4. HEEEEEEELPP PLEASE!!!!

5. FPC - Set type problems.. Please read/help! =)

6. creating dbase tables

7. Problem converting source in C to Delphi. Please, help!

8. Sorry...A little error in the TP tutorial.

9. CGI::Session: a new module in development.

10. PGP modules still under development?

11. @INC and module development & installation

12. Exceptions module in development, Comments?