(none)
Author Message
 (none)

I was (am) interested in trying out the Devel-Peek module to help in
writing my own extensions, however I quickly discovered that it seems
to be written for an earlier version of perl.  Grepping around the
perl source directory unearthed a few of the problems, but it would
really be a lot simpler if there were a document somewhere which
suggested what changes should typically be made in c extensions to
track the later releases.  (It would be even more interesting to know
the logic behind them).

Perhaps there is such a document, I just haven't been able to find it,
and I wonder if anyone can suggest where to look.

(Of course, Devel-Peek may be a pathological case, since it tries to
illuminate internal representations of perl variables.  Maybe there's
a replacement for it?)

Thanks,
-- danq

Boulder Real Time Technologies, Inc   http://www.*-*-*.com/
2045 Broadway Suite 400                     303/449-3229
Boulder, CO  80302                       FAX 303/938-0933

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:09:18 GMT

1. (none)

2. (none)

3. None

4. None

5. None

6. None

7. None

8. None

9. Symbol referencing errors in IO.none on Solaris 2.5 install

10. None

11. (none)

12. (none)