fwdport recipe 17.18 from the Perl Cookbook hangs on AIX
Author Message
 fwdport recipe 17.18 from the Perl Cookbook hangs on AIX

Hi,
I'm trying to make the fwdport program work on my AIX machine
(hostname is doc) this way:

fwdport -l doc:6788 -rdoc:23 &

telnet doc 6788

What I get is:

$ telnet doc 6788
Trying...
Connected to doc.
Escape character is '^]'.

(this is where the proxy hangs)
What should come next is:

telnet (doc)

(cat /etc/motd )

login:

When I get tired of waiting after a minute or more, I kill the proxy,
and get this output:
$ [Proxy server on doc:6788 initialized.]
[Connect from HTFD0-3511611.uhc.com:3115]
[Connecting to doc:3004...done]

$ Child 196770 ran 1m29s
NOT REACHED at /u/speterso/bin/fwdport.sh line 25.

My perl version is a bit dated, but not severely so:
$ perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for aix

Can someone suggest what areas I should look in to fix this?

thanks

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:50:49 GMT

1. why does it not work please help

2. Serial Port Communications using TP7

3. fwdport from Perl Cookbook recipe 17.18 - hangs on read from first syn IP packet

4. Why use /s in Cookbook recipe 20.6?

5. bug in Cookbook recipe 20.03??

6. cookbook recipe 20.1

7. cookbook recipe 20.1

8. recipe 1.11 in Cookbook Where? Here documents

9. SRC: fwdport -- act as proxy forwarder for dedicated services

10. fwdport program

11. How do you get rid of DBGrid's Scroll Bar

12. Problem encounted everytime running TP 7.0 on Win 2000 Pro.