enabling debugger support w/o -d switch
Author Message
 enabling debugger support w/o -d switch

I need to find the start and end line numbers of all the subroutines in
an eval'd block of code. I was hoping to use the %DB::sub hash, but it
seems to be populated only when perl is run with the -d debugging
switch. My code is running under mod_perl and I can't/don't want to
enable debugging globally. Is there a way to enable de{*filter*} support
temporarily? I've tried fiddling with $^P, but that doesn't work. Or
maybe there is a better way to get the same info as %DB::sub provides?

Thanks,
Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 05 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 enabling debugger support w/o -d switch

Quote:

> I need to find the start and end line numbers of all the subroutines in
> an eval'd block of code. I was hoping to use the %DB::sub hash, but it
> seems to be populated only when perl is run with the -d debugging
> switch.

You can supply your own, null, de{*filter*}. The minimal acceptable de{*filter*}
appears to be:

    package DB;
    sub DB {};
    1;

Put this as Devel/Null.pm, and call up perl with -d:Null.

Ian

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing the Informix SQLCA structure

2. please help me I'm desperate...

3. Please Help---Student

4. newbie ?: emacs support in perl debugger

5. support for your favorite editor in the perl debugger

6. xemacs support for Perl5 debugger

7. DDD Debugger now with Perl support

8. ptkdb Perl Debugger Upcoming Support for Threads

9. perl debugger acting bizarre (debugger bug?)

10. DBCS Support and corporate support for PERL

11. DBCS Support and corporate support for PERL

12. OnPostError of TTable