Remote Search Engine Results
Author Message
 Remote Search Engine Results

I'm trying to run a remote search engine remotely, and consolidate the
search results, pages 1 through N. Any thoughts on how to do this?

These search sites are somewhat specialized, and the search engine will need
some customization on the "Next Page" function, as well as which fields to
record.

Tips, please?

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote Search Engine Results

Quote:

>I'm trying to run a remote search engine remotely, and consolidate the
>search results, pages 1 through N. Any thoughts on how to do this?

>These search sites are somewhat specialized, and the search engine will need
>some customization on the "Next Page" function, as well as which fields to
>record.

>Tips, please?

I'm guessing that you are already using LWP for the connection to
the remote and HTML::Parse to rip up the HTML.  There are some CPAN
modules that make it realy easy to search many different search
engines.  Look at WWW::Search for ideas that might help you

chris
--
    chris fedde
    303 773 9134

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Remote Search Engine Results

2. Printing

3. Tricky Local SQL Problem ?????

4. Programmatically Controlling Remote Search Engines and Consolidating Results

5. How-To search engine on search engines/mlml

6. Retrieving Links from a Search Engine's Results Page

7. pics with search engine results?

8. search engine results with pic?

9. pics with search engine results?

10. Retrieving Links From a Search Engine Results Page???

11. Saving TreeView with Data

12. Accessing Access 97 Tables from Delphi3