Distributing a Perl Script on Win32
Author Message
 Distributing a Perl Script on Win32

        What's the best way to distribute a Perl script (on
Win32) to several users who will not have Perl on their machine?
        The script would probably make heavy use of CPAN modules
(e.g. DBI & Tk).  I'd like to avoid the hassle of having to install
Perl, install the various modules (along with updating them if need be
in the future).  Ideally, I'd like to give out a simple executable;
barring that a simple installation that automatically puts all the
Perl pieces where they need to go, checks a CPAN archive for updates,
etc. would work too.
        I heard a little about 'B', which would let me compile the Perl
code down to C, which I could then compile in a binary, but from what
I understand it's still in development.
        Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Bill
--

     "...I took the initiative in creating the Internet." -- Al{*filter*}

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Distribute a perl script

2. Distributing a compiled perl script?

3. How to distribute a Perl Script

4. Distributed CGI script in taint mode

5. How to distribute a script?

6. Distributed CGI script in taint mode (re-post)

7. obfuscating script for security of distributed code

8. Distributing Perl together with commercial software

9. PERL for multi-platform, distributed environment

10. distributed perl/tk processing

11. distributing extensions to Perl

12. end-of-line characters for distributed Perl code