Compiling XML::Parser under Cygwin 1.1.8 failing
Author Message
 Compiling XML::Parser under Cygwin 1.1.8 failing

Hi,

I haven't seen any one having problems doing what I'm doing so either I
shouldn't be doing what I'm doing or my Microsoft cranial implant is acting
up again.

I am running Cygwin (DLL version 1.1.8) (available from
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) and I downloaded the
XML-Parser-2.29.tar.gz file from
http://www.*-*-*.com/
decompress it to my home directory and then tar -x to extract the files.

I changed directory to where the readme file is located.

I ran perl Makefile.PL. It told me that my kit was complete.

I ran make. Here's where things started going wrong...

I got these errors:

Expat.xs:38: `cbv' undeclared here (not in a function)

Expat.xs:38: `cbv' undeclared here (not in a function)

Expat.xs:38: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

Expat.xs:39: parse error before `if'

Expat.xs:73: parse error before `:'

Expat.xs:74: parse error before `:'

Expat.xs:75: parse error before `:'

Expat.xs:101: parse error before `}'

Expat.xs:101: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

Expat.xs:111: parse error before `*'

Expat.xs:112: parse error before `*'

Expat.xs: In function `append_error':

Expat.xs:169: `cbv' undeclared (first use in this function)

Expat.xs:169: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

Expat.xs:169: for each function it appears in.)

Expat.xs:170: parse error before `*'

Expat.xs:172: parse error before `)'

:

: Lot's of errors

:

Expat.xs: In function `XS_XML__Parser__Expat_Do_External_Parse':

Expat.xs:2157: `cbv' undeclared (first use in this function)

Expat.xs:2157: parse error before `)'

make[1]: *** [Expat.o] Error 1

make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

*** END ERRORS ***

It appears that my compiler is not handling the macro XMLP_UPD correctly. Is
there a way I can get this working?

Here's is the code that the first error message refers to (the second line
below):

#define XMLP_UPD(fld) \

RETVAL = cbv->fld ? newSVsv(cbv->fld) : &PL_sv_undef;\

if (cbv->fld) {\

if (cbv->fld != fld)\

sv_setsv(cbv->fld, fld);\

Quote:
}\

else\

cbv->fld = newSVsv(fld)

*** END CODE ***

I'm guessing that the preprocessor is at the center of the problems I'm
having with XML::Parser but I'm not sure.

I am really looking forward to using Perl and XML together but the first
step is proving to be a difficult one for me. My OS is Windows 2000 Pro.

Thank you so much.

Tim

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:58:33 GMT
 Compiling XML::Parser under Cygwin 1.1.8 failing

Quote:

> Hi,

> I haven't seen any one having problems doing what I'm doing so either I
> shouldn't be doing what I'm doing or my Microsoft cranial implant is
> acting up again.

> I am running Cygwin (DLL version 1.1.8) (available from
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/) and I downloaded the
> XML-Parser-2.29.tar.gz file from
> http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/XML. I used gzip to
> decompress it to my home directory and then tar -x to extract the files.

In the README:

This is a Perl extension interface to James Clark's XML parser, expat.
It requires at least version 5.004 of perl and it requires that you have
release 1.95.0 or greater of expat installed. You can download expat
from:

     http://sourceforge.net/projects/expat/

Do you have expat ?

Buggs

Quote:
> Thank you so much.

> Tim

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:11:59 GMT

1. Data-Aware TreeView Needed

2. DBIRegisterCallback in Delphi 2

3. Compiling XML::Parser under Cygwin 1.1.8 failing

4. XML::Parser/XML::Parser::Expat

5. XML::Parser 2.30 install problem (nmake test fails)

6. TBatchMove component gives - 'Not Supported' Error

7. XML-PARSER-2_30 expat compile expat.h missing

8. Can't compile XML::Parser

9. XML-Parser compile problems

10. Parsing XML (Not XML::Parser)

11. Problem on installing XML-Simple/XML-Parser on LynxOS