$archname insufficient for multiple Linux installs?
Author Message
 $archname insufficient for multiple Linux installs?

Hi all,

I'm wrestling with how to properly install and maintain several
architectures' worth of Perl into the same tree, thereby
sharing any non-architecture-dependent modules.  The specific
problem I'm having is that Configure gives me an $archname
of 'i586-linux' on a RedHat 5.2 (kernel 2.0.x, libc 2.0.x) box
*and* on a RedHat 6.0 (kernel 2.2.x, libc 2.1.x) box  (on two
hardware-identical machines differing only in OS).

In order for these two versions to coexist, I'm beginning
to think I'll need to set my own $archname manually (i586-linux-2.0?)
in order to get the architecture-dependent stuff working.  Is
that the right approach, or is there a more obvious solution?

didn't see anything about this in his draft.

Thanks,
Rand.

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. insufficient memory for install (Linux)

2. insufficient memory for install (Linux)

3. (Linux beginner) How to de-install and re-install Perl on Linux

4. installing new modules in newly installed linux

5. Problems using $^O and $Config{'archname'}

6. administrator insufficient privileges

7. Multiple File Selection on Linux

8. Installing GD on a Linux System

9. PostgresPerl-1.3 on Linux Install

10. install pgplot suse linux 7.2 (Newbie)

11. installing perl on linux -pwd fails

12. Installing libwww in linux - help needed