lvalue sub doesn't work inside perl debugger
Author Message
 lvalue sub doesn't work inside perl debugger

Hi,
The following short program works fine outside the de{*filter*}
but fails silently inside (e.g. $x will remain undef):

        my $x;
        sub test:lvalue { $x };
        test = 4;
        print test(),"\n";

tested with 5.6.0 and 5.6.1. Any ideas why this does not
work or any workarounds?

Steffen

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:47:54 GMT
 lvalue sub doesn't work inside perl debugger

> The following short program works fine outside the de{*filter*}
> but fails silently inside (e.g. $x will remain undef):

>    my $x;
>    sub test:lvalue { $x };
>    test = 4;
>    print test(),"\n";

> tested with 5.6.0 and 5.6.1. Any ideas why this does not
> work

Because I never thought about this situation?  And nobody else tried it too?

Quote:
> or any workarounds?

I could find none in 15sec.

Ilya

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:14:33 GMT

1. Need info on SQLLinks (32Bit)

2. new Module LEntry.pm doesn't work inside ROText

3. Perl5.004.01 debugger doesn't work

4. HELP: Can't get debugger to work - perl can't find perl5db.pl

5. HELP: Can't get debugger to work - perl can't find perl5db.pl

6. Perl debugger doesn't handle C functions

7. HELP: Can't get debugger to work - perl can't find perl5db.pl

8. SQL ORDER BY question

9. Anyone still using Delphi 16-bit?

10. help: binary search procedure!

11. Lvalues revisited: what's *not* an lvalue?

12. Outer scope of a sub inside a sub