ANNOUNCE: pmtools 1.0 release
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: pmtools 1.0 release

The pmwb stuff, which I could never spell, has been renamed "pmtools",
and is now available with a real Makefile.PL and manpages.

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

I'm not sure about getting it to CPAN -- it is, after all, real tools,
not silly modules. :-)

--tom
--
"All things are possible, but not all expedient."  (in life, UNIX, and perl) -me

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: pmtools 1.0 release

  TC>     http://mox.perl.com/misc/pmtools-1.00.tar.gz

some quick feedback:

pmall seems to hang after producing lots of output. i am not sure
why. it happens on my 5.004_04 and the ptk's 5.005_02.

i have multiple perl's installed (i am beta testing the ptk) and
the #/usr/bin/env perl trick isn't good for that. i tried ./perl pmall
and it prints ./perl not found (i think that is coming from File::Find).

pman gives a usage error with no argument which is fine, but it also
give a compile error in BEGIN which is ugly. i ran into the same problem
with a usage/die in BEGIN. i had to switch to _exit from posix to get a
quiet exit for the usage sub when called from BEGIN.

is there a master man page for all the commands? it is not easy to
remember which one does what. maybe a pmtools.1 would be a good idea
with one line or so per command.

i will let you know about other pmtools as i play with them.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  -----------------  SYStems ARCHitecture and Software Engineering
Perl Hacker for Hire  ----------------------  Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting

The Best Search Engine on the Net -------------  http://www.northernlight.com

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: pmtools 1.0 release
1999-02-16-01:27:42 Tom Christiansen:

Quote:
>The pmwb stuff, which I could never spell, has been renamed "pmtools",
>and is now available with a real Makefile.PL and manpages.

>    http://mox.perl.com/misc/pmtools-1.00.tar.gz

>I'm not sure about getting it to CPAN -- it is, after all, real tools,
>not silly modules. :-)

In case there's anyone else out there who has no idea what pmtools are (or
what pmwb was:-), here's a short version: it's a collection of a couple of
dozen utilities for helping manage your installed collection of Perl modules
--- mostly little query commands. Extracted from the README:

        pmpath - show the module's full path
        pmvers - get a module version number
        pmdesc  - get a module description
        pmall  - get all installed modules pmdesc descriptions
        pmdirs    - print the perl module path, newline separated
        plxload - show what files a given program loads at compile time
        pmload - show what files a given module loads at compile time
        pmexp - show a module's exports
        pminst  - find what's installed
        pmeth - list a class's methods, recursively
        pmls  - long list the module path
        pmcat  - cat the module source through your pager
        pman - show the module's pod docs
        pmfunc - show a function source code from a module
        podgrep - grep in pods of a file
        pfcat - show pods from perlfunc
        podtoc - list table of contents of a podpage
        podpath - show full path of pod file
        pods - list all standard pods and module pods
        sitepods - list only pods in site_perl directories
        basepods - list only normal "man-page" style pods
        faqpods - list only faq pods
        modpods - all module pods, including site_perl ones
        stdpods - list standard pods, not site_perl ones

-Bennett

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: pmtools 1.0 release

2. ANNOUNCE: Open Perl IDE Release 1.0 has been finished

3. ANNOUNCE: Open Perl IDE Release 1.0 has been finished

4. ANNOUNCE: Open Perl IDE Release 1.0 has been finished

5. ANNOUNCE: Mac::AppleSingleDouble 1.0 released

6. ANNOUNCE: Inline::Java 0.31 released (major release)

7. obstruct, release alpha 1.0

8. Oracle tool "explain" 1.0 released

9. HTTPi/1.0 released

10. w3mir 1.0 released

11. obstruct, release alpha 1.0

12. MUD: PerlMUD 1.0 beta 2 Released -- MUD in Perl