Interfacing The Parallel Port
Author Message
 Interfacing The Parallel Port

Hiya,
    I am currently working on a project to output informatgion to an 20x4
LCD on a parallel port, but i cannot seem to find any modules or
documentation, on how to interface the port, i am newish to perl, and all i
have used it for before is CGI stuff, but i have decided to use perl for
this project, as i find it such an easy language to work with

    Any help, or pointers will be greatly appreciated

    Thanx

    oO_RoB_Oo

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Interfacing The Parallel Port

Quote:

>    I am currently working on a project to output informatgion to an 20x4
>LCD on a parallel port, but i cannot seem to find any modules or
>documentation, on how to interface the port, i am newish to perl, and all i
>have used it for before is CGI stuff, but i have decided to use perl for
>this project, as i find it such an easy language to work with

Well, it's hard to say. Since you don't say what operating system and/or
hardware you have, and since all device stuff is operating system and/or
hardware-specific, we can't tell you.

Depending on your platform, you either:

        * will be able to do it easily
        * will not be able to do it
        * will be able to do it as long as your interface looks like a
          printer
        * will be able to do it using syscall
        * will be able to do it using an extension module writtten in
          another language

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA

homepage:  http://www.bike-nomad.com

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connection in Use (MS SQL 6.5)

2. HELP!:TQuery/LocalSQL

3. Interfacing The Parallel Port

4. Interfacing The Parallel Port

5. Interfacing With Parallel Port in PERL

6. Interfacing With Parallel Port in PERL

7. Interfacing The Parallel Port

8. parallel port

9. Voltage level change in PC Parallel port to make a file run

10. Communicating with parallel port

11. Accessing Parallel Port Data

12. parallel port modle