Is clp.mod appropriate for PFR's?
Author Message
 Is clp.mod appropriate for PFR's?

Folks,

Is comp.lang.perl.moderated the appropriate newsgroup for posting
unsolicited scripts to be included in the Perl Function Repository?
It seems that comp.lang.perl.modules is more on-topic, even though
these are scripts fragments rather than full-blown modules.

Additionally, several of the PFR posts are cross posted to clp.misc.
This also seems unappropriate -- don't most of the readers of ...mod
also read ...misc?

Ok, sorry for the pendant level nit.  Are meta-topic discussions on
topic for this group?  Wait, since I just asked about meta-topic
discussions, I also need to make sure that meta-meta-topic discussions
are on topic.  Drat!  Perhaps an inductive proof of on-topicness is
necessary.  Assume meta(k)-topic discussions are on-topic and show
that meta(k+1)-topic discussions are also on-topic...

Anyway, we now return to the regularly scheduled bickering.

Tramm
--

 /|\   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hudson/          H 505.266.59.96   /\  \_

  0                                                            U \_  |

Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is clp.mod appropriate for PFR's?
[cc'ed to author]

Quote:
> This also seems unappropriate -- don't most of the readers of ...mod
> also read ...misc?

Actually, probably not.  clp.moderated was created in part because
clp.misc had too low S/N, and many had stopped reading it.

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crossposting to clp.moderated and clp.misc?

2. Crossposting to clp.moderated and clp.misc?

3. From the clp.announce moderator: I'm back

4. Can't Load Cpan Mod's!!

5. Possible bug - integer div and mod don't match

6. Mod perl script doesn't increment access log

7. Any good back-up mod's?

8. Can't make Tk mod in RH Linux 5.2

9. ? Now I am reaaly perplexed, Why doesn't (INDEX) work

10. It's to AM for me to think

11. Am I hosed? (Can't compile modules)

12. Purl Gurl...I'm not learning any Perl, but I am laughing