unresolved symbol Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr from Fcntl.so when invoking perl via Java
Author Message
 unresolved symbol Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr from Fcntl.so when invoking perl via Java

env: solaris 5.8, jdk 1.3.0_02 HotSpot client VM, mixed mode.  perl
5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris-thread-multi.

We have a multi-threaded Java application that invokes perl engine on
a few threads (we use those perl API perl_parse(), etc.).  If we
invoke the Java application directly, we always get the following
errors:

ld.so.1: /usr/java/bin/../bin/sparc/native_threads/java: fatal:
relocation error: file
/opt/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/auto/Fcntl/Fcntl.so:
symbol Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr: referenced symbol not found

We do have the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.  The Java application
already loads libperl.so before encountering the above errors.  The
symbol Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr is actually defined in libperl.so.  All C
related files (including JNI and perl) are compiled with -KPIC.

We do not have this problem if we invoke a C program which then
invokes JVM.  We can invoke the standalone perl as a process to run
the script without any problem.

Both approaches (go straight to Java and from C to Java) have the same
set of .so files loaded.

Any ideas or hints or suggestions are appreciated.  Please reply by
email directly.  I will summarize if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks.

Kong

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:34:26 GMT

1. BDE Administrator

2. ShellExecute doesn't... ?

3. unresolved symbol Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr from Fcntl.so when invoking perl via Java

4. perl-5.6.1 on Win32: unresolved external symbol

5. Embedding perl with PERL_OBJECT: unresolved external symbol _win32_xxx errors

6. chemical reaction program

7. Java client to Java client via cgi/perl app

8. B/B.so -- Unresolved symbols

9. Unresolved symbol causes oraperl to dump core - help ?

10. Unresolved external symbol _Perl_cxinc on Win32?!

11. DBD::Oracle Unresolved Symbol error with make test on HPUX 10.20

12. Unresolved symbol dynamically loading an xsub