polite AUTOLOAD sub?
Author Message
 polite AUTOLOAD sub?

Quote:
> R. Ransbottom chose Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:05:18 -0400 (EDT) to say this:

> >Is it possible to "back out" of an AUTOLOAD function?

> >If the $AUTOLOAD value is unanticipated by my function,
> >I'd like to allow the AUTOLOAD search to continue
> >as if my function did not exist.

> You might interested to check out Damian Conway's new NEXT.pm module. If
> his post to clp.announce is anything to go by, it appears to do what you're
> looking for.

Thanks.  I've just checked it out.

It also seems to have a problem maintaining
the state of $AUTOLOAD.

It seems that as library writers we should
not use AUTOLOADing as we may stomp on someone
else's code.  A shame, as it can be a concise
and lazy, lazy way to generate a lot of good
methods.

I would love to hear of a solution.  Any Perl
gurus or gods about?  Is there a way to remove
this stain from AUTOLOAD?

rob                     Live the dream.

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:58:50 GMT
 polite AUTOLOAD sub?

Quote:

> I would love to hear of a solution.  Any Perl
> gurus or gods about?  Is there a way to remove
> this stain from AUTOLOAD?

You could try my Sub::Versive module.

--
So what if I have a fertile brain?  Fertilizer happens.

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:51:15 GMT

1. Querying Paradox Date Field??

2. QBE - How to implement

3. Polite AUTOLOAD sub?

4. Polite AUTOLOAD function?

5. A curly SQL SELECT problem

6. AutoLoader and sub AUTOLOAD

7. Setting $AUTOLOAD when calling SUPER::AUTOLOAD?

8. AUTOLOAD and SUPER::AUTOLOAD

9. An Example Of A Polite FAQ

10. Limiting the number of values that can be assigned to a field

11. SQL search on Calculated field with read only database

12. Adding new index to Paradox table problem