DBI Error Handling
Author Message
 DBI Error Handling

I am looking for the best method to handle database trhown errors in a CGI
environment. For instance if a user passes an insert command that violates a
unique key constraint I would like to capture that error number, interpret
it and send the user a meaningful message possibly in a Javascript alert.

The DBI documentation make a reference to a module called CGI::ErrorWrap but
I can't find it anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction for a
strategy on this.

Thanks in advance,

Bill West
San Diego Supercomputer Center

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBI, Error Handling, and accepted programming practices

2. DBI error handling question.

3. DBI ERROR HANDLING

4. DBI Error Handling

5. DBI ERROR HANDLING

6. Error handling with DBI problem......

7. DBI and MySQL Error Handling

8. Trying to add exception handling, getting errors after adding Error.pm to path

9. Help on DBI handles

10. DBI Proxy: Constructor didn't return a handle

11. DBI Large Memory Handling

12. Trouble with Variable Interpolation while executing a dbi string handle