PMWB: Perl Module Work Bench
Author Message
 PMWB: Perl Module Work Bench

[A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to Tom Christiansen

Quote:
> This is PMWB -- The Perl Module-Writers Workbench, a suite of small
> programs to help manage modules.  We follow the "keep it small" notion
> of many tiny tools each doing one thing well, eschewing giant megatools
> with millions of options.

It is also important to know how existing "giant megatools" can do
similar things.  I know several such solutions (for interactive use
only):

Quote:
> whereis - show the module's filepath
> version - get a module version number
> ploads - show what files a given program loads at compile time

Perl's de{*filter*} `v' command provides all these things.

Quote:
> dirs    - print the perl module path, newline separated

`perl -V' provides this info (interlaced with other info, thus not
useful for shell programming).

Quote:
> methods - list a class's methods, recursively

Perl's de{*filter*} `m' command provides this info (for objects too).

Enjoy,
Ilya

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. getting win32 module to work in a version of perl

2. FLV::Info perl module not working as hoped

3. What perl module work with JPG format

4. Getting Perl Modules to work on ISPs that don't allow shell access

5. Does LWP/libwww module work with Win32 Perl?

6. NT CG Perl Module not working

7. Does the CPAN module work with win32 Perl??

8. Certain modules start working after upgrade to Perl 5.6.0

9. Work with VB, should work with Perl?

10. Work with VB, should work with Perl?

11. Module to lex COBOL WORKING STORAGE SECTION code

12. Anyone working on a SNMP extension module?