parallel port
Author Message
 parallel port

I'm looking for a clue about how to read from the parallel port. I just
got a lexmark laser printer, and all settings must be changed via
software. I can send commands to the printer, but most of them are
supposed to send information back. I can't figure out how to get that
information--I've tried various read methods on /dev/lp1 and
/dev/printer, and never get anything. I'm quite sure I'm sending the
commands properly, because when I send the command to print a testpage,
it works. I'm running Redhat 5.1, perl 5.004-something.

Any code, suggestions, module information appreciated.

-- David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interfacing The Parallel Port

2. Voltage level change in PC Parallel port to make a file run

3. Interfacing The Parallel Port

4. Communicating with parallel port

5. Accessing Parallel Port Data

6. parallel port modle

7. parallel port access?

8. Parallel port Question

9. Interfacing The Parallel Port

10. Interfacing With Parallel Port in PERL

11. I/O to parallel port

12. HELP w/ Perl & PC Parallel Port