Using signals under Win NT - Active Perl
Author Message
 Using signals under Win NT - Active Perl

I've tried handling the INT and ALRM signals and have been unsuccessful.
I also get an "unimplement function alarm" in the following script-
use POSIX;

$SIG{ALRM} = \&wakeup;

alarm(5);

sleep;

sub wakeup
{
   print "Wakeup";
   exit(0);

Quote:
}

I can also run the following script and it prints out all the SIGNAL
names although the ALRM signal is mapped to number 14. In addition the I
can't handle the ^C or INT signal.
   What gives ?

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using signals under Win NT - Active Perl
[Posted and mailed]

Quote:

> I've tried handling the INT and ALRM signals and have been unsuccessful.
> I also get an "unimplement function alarm" in the following script-

Sadly, signals are MIA from Perl under Win32.  This has caused me no
end of grief.  Patches welcome, although from what I'm told: this
lameness cannot be fixed.

--
    Clinton A. Pierce              Teach Yourself Perl in 24 Hours!

"If you rush a Miracle Man,
        you get rotten Miracles." --Miracle Max, The Princess Bride

Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. writing buffer to disk

2. Using signals under Win NT - Active Perl

3. File Upload question - using perl on IIS 3.0 (Win NT)

4. File Upload question - using perl on IIS 3.0 (Win NT)

5. Calling an exported func from DLL using Perl on Win NT/95

6. Need help using Read() method in Netscape.Network.1 under Win NT Perl 5

7. Using perl on Win NT. Help needed!

8. File Upload question - using perl on IIS 3.0 (Win NT)

9. Memo fields not displayed on qReport

10. Active Perl for win 98

11. Active Perl on Win 98 not exiting properly

12. signal handler is not called while piped open is active