Cperl mode imenu braks on prototypes
Author Message
 Cperl mode imenu braks on prototypes

I'm sorry if this would be more appropriate on an Emacs group.  I
wrestled with the decision, and posted here.

I am using version 4.21 of Ilya's cperl package for Emacs, on Emacs
20.3.9.1 on NT4.  When I use imenu inside a perl file, I get a list of
only those functions that do _not_ have prototypes in their
definitions.  Now the default value of
imenu-example--function-name-regexp-perl seems to take prototypes into
account, but the symptoms remain: assigning a different value to
imenu-example--function-name-regexp-perl appears to not change imenu's
behavior in the slightest.  I've spent a fair bit of time trying to
comb through the cperl-mode.el source, without much luck in explaining
this oddness.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.  Thanks,

     David Saff

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cperl mode imenu braks on prototypes

I'm not sure if this will thread correctly, but my problem was that
although I was getting the cperlish colorings, I was still in
perl-mode, it appears.  Once that was fixed, I was fine.  Sheepishly
yours,

        David Saff

Quote:
David Saff writes:

 > I'm sorry if this would be more appropriate on an Emacs group.  I
 > wrestled with the decision, and posted here.
 >
 > I am using version 4.21 of Ilya's cperl package for Emacs, on Emacs
 > 20.3.9.1 on NT4.  When I use imenu inside a perl file, I get a list of
 > only those functions that do _not_ have prototypes in their
 > definitions.  Now the default value of
 > imenu-example--function-name-regexp-perl seems to take prototypes into
 > account, but the symptoms remain: assigning a different value to
 > imenu-example--function-name-regexp-perl appears to not change imenu's
 > behavior in the slightest.  I've spent a fair bit of time trying to
 > comb through the cperl-mode.el source, without much luck in explaining
 > this oddness.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.  Thanks,
 >
 >      David Saff

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cperl mode imenu braks on prototypes
[A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to David Saff

Quote:

> I'm sorry if this would be more appropriate on an Emacs group.  I
> wrestled with the decision, and posted here.

> I am using version 4.21 of Ilya's cperl package for Emacs, on Emacs
> 20.3.9.1 on NT4.  When I use imenu inside a perl file, I get a list of
> only those functions that do _not_ have prototypes in their
> definitions.

I'm sorry, I should have updated cperl in 5.005_* long time ago, but
somehow did not have time for this (everybody is welcome to send a
patch to p5p ;-).

Meanwhile use one from CPAN or

  ftp://ftp.math.ohio-state.edu/pub/users/ilya/cperl-mode.el

Ilya

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cperl mode imenu braks on prototypes

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cperl mode imenu braks on prototypes
[A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to Juanma Barranquero

Quote:
> >Meanwhile use one from CPAN or

> >  ftp://ftp.math.ohio-state.edu/pub/users/ilya/cperl-mode.el

> That's 4.18, in your cperl-mode directory there's a 4.19, and the
> cperl-mode which comes with the Emacs 20.4 pretests is 4.21 (but seems
> to be older than 4.19). So, what's the latest one?

The latest one is 4.22+ I have on my disk.  But I could not reproduce
your problem with imenu on the following file:

sub foo ($$) {
  exit;

Quote:
}

  exit;

Quote:
}

with 19.33 and 20.3.

Ilya

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cperl mode imenu braks on prototypes

I posted my own resolution to this earlier
(http://x46.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=482162706), but it looks like I
didn't properly insert into this thread.  My apologies.  To recap, the
problems I was having related to a confused use of both perl-mode and
cperl-mode in my .emacs file.  Once I resolved that, there were no
problems.  Thanks,

           David Saff

Quote:
Ilya Zakharevich writes:

 > [A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to Juanma Barranquero

 > > >Meanwhile use one from CPAN or
 > > >
 > > >  ftp://ftp.math.ohio-state.edu/pub/users/ilya/cperl-mode.el
 > >
 > > That's 4.18, in your cperl-mode directory there's a 4.19, and the
 > > cperl-mode which comes with the Emacs 20.4 pretests is 4.21 (but seems
 > > to be older than 4.19). So, what's the latest one?
 >
 > The latest one is 4.22+ I have on my disk.  But I could not reproduce
 > your problem with imenu on the following file:
 >
 > sub foo ($$) {
 >   exit;
 > }
 >

 >   exit;
 > }
 >
 > with 19.33 and 20.3.
 >
 > Ilya

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Enhanced cperl-mode.el (Perl editing mode for Emacs)

2. cperl-mode: Another perl mode for Gnuemacs

3. Recently posted cperl-mode.el and 'imenu'

4. cperl-mode.el version for emacs21.1.1

5. cperl-mode in Emacs

6. xemacs and cperl-mode

7. Where can I find cperl-mode.el

8. cperl-mode.el troubles on XEmacs.

9. Anyone else have cperl-mode problems?

10. cperl-mode.el 1.8 available

11. Emacs cperl-mode.el vs font-lock/lazy-lock

12. Newer cperl-mode.el