Make test error installing 5.6.1
Author Message
 Make test error installing 5.6.1

Hi,

I am having trouble upgrading Perl from 5.6.0 to 5.6.1 on Linux kernel
2.4.0. Everything is fine until I run make test. I get one error:

        lib/odbm.../perl: error while loading shared libraries:
                ../lib/auto/ODBM_File.so:
                undefined symbol: dbminit FAILED at test 0

ODBM_File.so is a binary file, so looking there for a clue about any
undefined symbols seems fruitless.

I'm scratching my head looking at the INSTALL document's "make test"
section and the t/README file is no help either. I checked the news
archives and found a post with a similar problem, but there were no
replies. And the Perl FAQ only refers me back to the INSTALL document.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Scott

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 06:29:09 GMT

1. When will Borland listen (D3 documentation)

2. How to Backup Paradox Database while someone may be accessing it ?

3. relocation error: symbol not found: _fpgetround occurs when making test for GD.pm

4. Error when making test for GD

5. errors making test for perl 5.003 on Sequent

6. Error on make test when installing libwww-perl

7. Make test error installing 5.6.1

8. Grid Component needed

9. Anybody got a joystick unit?

10. TPW 1.5 basic help

11. h2xs -Oxan Test test.h -- parenth error

12. Installing XML::Parser 'make install error'