gpc/Solaris 2.5 - problems compiling pascal files
Author Message
 gpc/Solaris 2.5 - problems compiling pascal files

I've built and installed gpc 2.0 under Solaris 2.5, but when I try
compiling Pascal files, I get the following message:

------
ld: fatal: file test.pas: unknown type, unable to process using elf(3E)
libraries
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to a.out
------

The FAQ seems to indicate that "collect2" is the problem, but collect2
wasn't built or installed as part of the gcc build.  I found the
collect2.c source (in the gcc source tree), built it and installed it in
the same directory as gpc1 - (the FAQ seems to indicate that this is the
proper thing to do) - first as "collect2" (which made no difference) and
then as "ld", which causes the following message instead:

-------
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld: fatal: file test.pas: unknown type, unable to process using elf(3E)
libraries
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to a.out
-------

test.pas is a simple "Hello world" program.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what is wrong, and what I need to
do to get things working?

--

Technical Services Manager            Phone : (03) 6324 3366
Department of Computing

Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem compiling hello_world using GNU Pascal 2.0 on Solaris 2.5

2. GPC errors on Solaris

3. GPC Binaries for Intel x86 Solaris 7

4. GPC and Solaris 7 x86

5. gpc on solaris, HPUX, OSF/1

6. Record locking with ADO Express, ADO 2.5 and Access 2000 .mdb files

7. Problem connecting to ReportSmith 2.5

8. DB/2 and Borland SQL-Links 2.5 Problems

9. Problems with Apollo 2.5 in Win 95

10. My GPC compiled programs always segfault

11. file problem with gnu-gpc

12. Compiling GPC on OPENSTEP 4.X