FPC for Win32
Author Message
 FPC for Win32

I've tried to use FPC for Win32, but the demos are very short and
simple. I've been using CodeWarrior for x86 before (and want to
get away from that since it is so incredibly slow), and tried
recompiling some programs that worked there, but it seems the
interfaces are very different.

In particular, it seems the interfaces don't agree with what
I find in the Win32 reference books (Petzold etc). I can't
find any interface files either. Are they only in some compiled
form, or have I just missed them?

I'm no beginner, but I need to know how the API looks, and what
is implemented different from the books. Where do I start?

/Ingemar

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 FPC for Win32

Quote:

>I've tried to use FPC for Win32, but the demos are very short and
>simple. I've been using CodeWarrior for x86 before (and want to
>get away from that since it is so incredibly slow), and tried
>recompiling some programs that worked there, but it seems the
>interfaces are very different.

>In particular, it seems the interfaces don't agree with what
>I find in the Win32 reference books (Petzold etc). I can't
>find any interface files either. Are they only in some compiled
>form, or have I just missed them?

>I'm no beginner, but I need to know how the API looks, and what
>is implemented different from the books. Where do I start?

If you installed the sources, the sources (and interfaces) are probably in
 fpc/source/rtl/win32 and below, and maybe some in fpc/source/rtl/inc and
fpc/source/rtl/win32/something.

The API was modelled after the description in win32kb.hlp I believe, and
therefore not
described in the docs (yet), since some form of documentation already existed.

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

2. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

3. fpc postgres.pp & win32

4. fpc & postgres under win32

5. FPC and DDE in Win32 env

6. no graph unit in FPC win32?

7. FPC: Documentation on Win32 units?

8. FPC:problem with printing from fpc programs

9. FPC: translate execvp from c to FPC

10. FPC vs. GPC - which is better for a beginner on Win32?

11. Question: (FPC): is the FP.EXE in de WIN32 different than the FP.EXE in the GO32V2 dir?

12. A Good Book on Win32 API?