Looking for TurboPascal syntax
Author Message
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Can anybody please tell me where can I find then BNF syntax of
TURBOPascal 7.0?
        Better than that, can anybody send it to me?
        Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
        Ticiano Ciudad Mora

        ETS Ingenieros Telecomunicacion
        UPM Madrid
------------------------------

Sun, 30 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Quote:

> Can anybody please tell me where can I find then BNF syntax of
> TURBOPASCAL 7.0?
>         Better than that, can anybody send it to me?
>         Thank you in advance.

> ------------------------------
>         Ticiano Ciudad Mora

>         ETS Ingenieros Telecomunicacion
>         UPM Madrid
> ------------------------------

Sorry, but what's BNF?

- Asbj?rn

Sun, 30 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Take a look in the manuals. The syntax diagrams are not BNF but it's not to
hard to make a BNF out of them..

Cheers,
Anco.

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

|> > Can anybody please tell me where can I find then BNF syntax of
|> > TURBOPASCAL 7.0?
|> >         Better than that, can anybody send it to me?
|> >         Thank you in advance.
|> >
|> > ------------------------------
|> >         Ticiano Ciudad Mora

|> >         ETS Ingenieros Telecomunicacion
|> >         UPM Madrid
|> > ------------------------------
|>
|> Sorry, but what's BNF?

Bacchus Naur Form (spelling ?)

 -Mike

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Quote:
> Can anybody please tell me where can I find then BNF syntax of
> TURBOPASCAL 7.0?

It should be in the language guide / programmers guide.

I hate to say this, but: RTFM!

--
Daniel Silverstone

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Quoting

created  11 Dec 96 20:58
received 12.12.96

Subject: Re: Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Hi bheid and everybody else!

b> > Can anybody please tell me where can I find then BNF syntax of
b> > TURBOPASCAL 7.0?
b> >         Better than that, can anybody send it to me?
b> >         Thank you in advance.
b> >
b> > ------------------------------
b> >         Ticiano Ciudad Mora

b> >         ETS Ingenieros Telecomunicacion
b> >         UPM Madrid
b> > ------------------------------
b>
b> Sorry, but what's BNF?

Bachus-Naur-Form - a graphical way to describe the syntax.

cu,        Clemens

* * * * * * * * * * *  on the net since tuesday  * * * * * * * * * * * * *
_P.S._ Answer and/or comment _please_ (also) as follow-up-to: poster

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Quote:

>|> Sorry, but what's BNF?

>Bacchus Naur Form (spelling ?)

It's Backus-Naur form, named after John Backus, who invented the notation,
and Peter Naur, who used it first as editor of the Algol 60 Report.

(Bacchus was the ancient Greek and Roman god of wine.)

Bob T.

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Quote:

>b> Sorry, but what's BNF?

>Bachus-Naur-Form - a graphical way to describe the syntax.

You must be thinking of syntax diagrams.  Backus-Naur formalism is
not graphical.

Tue, 01 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Quote:

>>Bacchus Naur Form (spelling ?)

>It's Backus-Naur form, named after John Backus, who invented the notation,
>and Peter Naur, who used it first as editor of the Algol 60 Report.

If you are interested, I can mail you the Turbo Pascal 4.0 (not TP7)
syntax in EBN notation. EBN stands for Enhanced (?) Backus-Naur Form.
It translates easily into BNF.

Bob Ferguson.

J.R. Ferguson, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

web: www.xs4all.nl/~ferguson
Freeware for DOS and Windows

Wed, 02 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TurboPascal syntax

Quote:

> <snim>
> It's Backus-Naur form, named after John Backus, who invented the notation,
> and Peter Naur, who used it first as editor of the Algol 60 Report.
> <snip>

Minor corrrection. Backus used it first in a report on the International
Algorithmic language (Algol 58) presented at a UNESCO conference in
1959.  Because of its lack of distribution the report was not much
noticed. Peter Naur, however, noticed the report and was disturbed at
the differences it indicated between his and Backus's interpretation of
the syntax of Algol 58.  He was especially disturbed that either his or
Backus's interpretations could be justified based on the documentation
available.  In order to ensure true agreement on the syntax he used a
variant of Backus's notation both at the conferences defining the
language and in the final Algol 60 report.  In the report he referred to
it as the Backus Normal Form.  Later Knuth(?) noted that BNF was not a
normal form and suggested the term Backus Naur form.  Naur's variant is
perhaps the most widely used BNF variant.

Backus's original paper was presented as the first part of a planned two
part series, the first on a notation for language syntax, the second to
provide a notation for language semantics.  He was never able to come up
with a satisfactory notation for language semantics, so the second paper
never appeared.

--

William B. Clodius              Phone: (505)-665-9370
Los Alamos Nat. Lab., NIS-2     FAX: (505)-667-3815

Fri, 04 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for TurboPascal syntax

2. PROBLEM WITH TURBOPASCAL

3. TurboPascal

4. LEARNING TURBOPASCAL

5. OT: is borland.public.turbopascal gone?

6. Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

7. Euro Character in TurboPascal

8. TurboPascal on the 9110

9. TurboPascal reference / TURBO.HLP unpacker?

10. TurboPascal 6 fonction Not in TP3

11. TurboPascal v1.5 for Win

12. Q: CMD Line Arguements HowTow get them ...using TurboPascal 4.0 MS-DOS