Question: (FPC): is the FP.EXE in de WIN32 different than the FP.EXE in the GO32V2 dir?
Author Message
 Question: (FPC): is the FP.EXE in de WIN32 different than the FP.EXE in the GO32V2 dir?

the FP.exe in the win32 directory has a slight problem with the
delete button in the editor.. (get a character when I press it), while
the GO32V2 version works OK. (also the Win32 dir version is alot slower, how
come?)

but FreePascal rocks!

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question: (FPC): is the FP.EXE in de WIN32 different than the FP.EXE in the GO32V2 dir?

Quote:

> the FP.exe in the win32 directory has a slight problem with the
> delete button in the editor.. (get a character when I press it), while
> the GO32V2 version works OK. (also the Win32 dir version is alot slower, how
> come?)

The reason is that while the IDE sources are the sme, the API (on which
FreeVision is based) is not. Win32 terminal controlling is very slow
(you can't just write directly to the video memory, you have to call
api functions for every cursor movement etc).

I'll forward the delte key problem to the others.

Jonas

Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters

2. FP: looking for Field function

3. Newbie, FP installation problem

4. newbie notes fp exe's bigger than tp - why?

5. Url for ide called FP

6. TP to FP port

7. NEW VERSIONS: GraphiX for Pascal (GX/BP v7.20, GX/FP: v1.00.alpha6)

8. NEW VERSIONS: GraphiX for Pascal (GX/BP v7.20, GX/FP: v1.00.alpha6)

9. fp to text conversion

10. HELP: FP Calculations clobbered by a pgm's local interrupt handler on PENTIUM, 486

11. slow FP with BPC (&TPC)

12. Help - Same Exe started from the Explorer and started inside Delphi are different