PortW command
Author Message
 PortW command

I am using the portw[ ] command in Pascal and have a question about it.  If
I type portw[$DF33]  which is accessing the data portion and which is
accessing the control or status portion.  Since each of the
data/status/control is 8 bits wide, I am confused.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PortW command

Quote:

> I am using the portw[ ] command in pascal and have a question about it.  If
> I type portw[$DF33]  which is accessing the data portion and which is
> accessing the control or status portion.  Since each of the
> data/status/control is 8 bits wide, I am confused.

A quick bit of experimenting with Port[$DF33] and Port[$DF34] should
tell you which byte is which.

--
Daniel Silverstone (Usually ;)

Look at the farstar Homepages on:
 http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/

Try out Daniel's TPascal Page & Delphi 2.0 bits at
 http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/Pascal/index.htm

Mail me & give comments (I know it's sparse ;)

Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. using port,portw : confusion

2. Hardware Damage through Port and PortW

3. Port and PortW

4. Running Delphi command-line Paradox App using NT "AT" command

5. Pascal Exec command in Windows XP Environment

6. Turbo Pascal 7 Exec Command Trouble

7. turbo pascal 7.0 command line params

8. print command for turbo pascal

9. Database Desktop and the UPDATE command...

10. 43/50 lines in command prompt??? URGENT

11. Calling Dos commands from inside a program?

12. UPDATE, SET SQL commands and Delphi...