Help with printing with a TP7 program.
Author Message
 Help with printing with a TP7 program.

I am writing a program in which I want to send information to the printer,
however I am coming p with this problem.  If I have 3 1/2 pages of text
only 3 pages will print, and the extra 1/2 page will remain in the
printer's memory, until I send something else to the printer, then the
1/2 page will be printed along with the first 1/2 page of the next document
that I sent.

What I want to do is somehow tell the printer to send out everything that
it has regardless of whether or not it is an entire page.  Does anyone know
how I can do this?  Right now I am using the "lsn" procedure to send it.

If anyone has suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them,

Thanks,

Jeff Hanks

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with printing with a TP7 program.

Quote:

> What I want to do is somehow tell the printer to send out everything that
> it has regardless of whether or not it is an entire page.

Try sending a chr(12) as the last character of your transmission. This will force the
printer to flush the internal buffer, print its contents, and advance one page.
I usually define a procedure like:

procedure page;
begin
        writeln( lst, #12 );
end;

and another one like:

procedure EndPrint;
begin
        {.... stuff you need to do before the end ....}
        page;
        {.... some code to reset variables clear buffers, etc. ...}
end;

hope this helps

Soeren

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with printing with a TP7 program.

Quote:

> I am writing a program in which I want to send information to the printer,
> however I am coming p with this problem.  If I have 3 1/2 pages of text
> only 3 pages will print, and the extra 1/2 page will remain in the
> printer's memory, until I send something else to the printer, then the
> 1/2 page will be printed along with the first 1/2 page of the next document
> that I sent.

> What I want to do is somehow tell the printer to send out everything that
> it has regardless of whether or not it is an entire page.  Does anyone know
> how I can do this?  Right now I am using the "lsn" procedure to send it.

> If anyone has suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them,

> Thanks,

> Jeff Hanks

Send a form feed character to the printer to "eject" the page.  This is ASCII #12.
For example, write(lst,#12);  BTW, I never heard of "lsn".  Perhaps you wrote "lst"
and it got garbled along the way.

Ron Muzzi, EE
Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with printing with a TP7 program.

Hello all,

Quote:
> I am writing a program in which I want to send information to the printer,
> however I am coming p with this problem.  If I have 3 1/2 pages of text
> only 3 pages will print, and the extra 1/2 page will remain in the
> printer's memory, until I send something else to the printer, then the
> 1/2 page will be printed along with the first 1/2 page of the next document
> that I sent.

I supose that this 1/2 page is in the printer's buffer of the file
which is assigned to the printer. Then you can end printing process with:
          flush( assigned-file-to-printer )

I'm sorry, but I don't known what the  "lsn" procedure is. Can you
explain me what this is?

Bye.
Hasta pronto.

             Francisco Antonio Ocan~a Lara
    Department of Statistics and Operations Research
                University of Granada (Spain)
 School of Pharmacy    |\  tel: +(34-58) 243878, +(34-58) 243908
Campus de Cartuja s.n. | |  fax: +(34-58) 243908

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running sub-programs in TP6/TP7 programs

2. HP DeskJet color printing in TP7

3. Printing graphics in TP7

4. Printing graphics in TP7

5. print in tp7

6. print in tp7

7. TP7.0 Printing

8. landscape printing in tp7

9. Printing from TP7.

10. New programming language written in TP7.0

11. DMA programming in TP7

12. Please convert this C program to TP7 (again :)