Is Microsoft de-emphasizing C# ?
Author Message
 Is Microsoft de-emphasizing C# ?

[about C# not being the only language of .NET]

Quote:
> C# is 1 of 20 languages supported by, among other things, the MSIL.
> I'll admit to some curiosity as to how many languages are
> supported by Java bytecode -- Java of course being one of them.

Well, at least Ada compiles into Java bytecode as well, in at
least one commercial compiler.

Which raises an interesting point; why not Pascal, which used to
compile to a bytecode in one version (UCSD Pascal); surely a
port to translate to Java bytecode instead should be fairly
straightforward?

Quote:
> However, there's a flip side: Java bytecode may support only one
> language, but that could mean it supports it very well. :-)

But on the gripping hand, targeting other language compilers
also to Java bytecode would be a tremendous portability boost
for those other languages, and give them ready access to the
massive Java libraries and open source movement.  I'd love to
see a fortran 95 to Java bytecode compiler, e.g.

xanthian.

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:24:49 GMT
 Is Microsoft de-emphasizing C# ?

Quote:

>  I'd love to
> see a Fortran 95 to Java bytecode compiler, e.g.

He, He! .NET's got one of those!  Actually I think there are 2.

Tom Shelton

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:08:22 GMT
 Is Microsoft de-emphasizing C# ?

Quote:

>>  I'd love to
>> see a Fortran 95 to Java bytecode compiler, e.g.

>He, He! .NET's got one of those!  Actually I think there are 2.

Can you please not respond to K*nt's trolls in widely cross-posted
threads? I know he's gotten more mellow in the past 15 years, but he's
still mostly a kook.

Followups trimmed.

greg

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:54:14 GMT

1. Les exceptions du moteur de base de donnée

2. LISTADOS DE E-MAILS EN FORMATO LIBRO DE DIRECCIONES

3. Como criar aplica??es de banco de dados em delphi 30 que possam ser

4. Path de Base de Données, D3

5. Curso de Progr de Videojuegos ?Gratis!

6. Problème de suppression de fichiers

7. Lista de Usuarios de Windows NT 4.0

8. Delphi CS 1.02 to Sybase Help

9. Accessing oracle sequences from Delphi 1.0 CS

10. CS Apps : TTable or TQuery ?

11. Delphi CS, Oracle7.2 & SQLNetV2.2

12. Documents in tables in CS ?