cluster size?
Author Message
 cluster size?

Quote:

>>Hello!
>>    How I can find out the cluster size of different hard discs?
>>    Which function/procedure I need?
>>I use Turbo-Pascal 7.0.
>Hi!

>I do not know appropriate functions of standard TP7, but have my own
>unit for disk examination. Well, it may be an overshoot for you, but it
>definitely works. I hope, comments are sufficient. If necessary, contact
>to me in English. Despite I work currently in Frankfurt, my German, alas
>:-( is very poor.

>Follows text of the unit:

>{Author : V.Nesterov}

>unit DiskInfo;
>{Warning! the UNDOCUMENTED DOS function 32 is used. May be changed in
>future versions. Tested in Windows 95. Works both in MS-DOS and Windows
>modes.}

Why make life so hard? Function $1C, Interrupt 21 will return the
Sectors/cluster, clusters/disk, and bytes/sector. All you need after that are a
few simple calculations, and your type definition is greatly reduced!

 Robert Vandervelde  + ...that what we have learned and

 Enterprise, AL      +  ourselves.
 The Wiregrass       +      - Richard C. Dorf

Thu, 03 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with getting Cluster Size

2. Cluster Size

3. Cluster Size of Disk?

4. cluster size?

5. TP7 DiskFree() returns 0 when cluster size = 64K

6. Find Cluster size inn hard drive via Pascal

7. WANT to read a sector/cluster from FAT32 HD

8. WANT to read a sector/cluster from FAT32 HD

9. HELP: Start cluster of a file

10. Lost clusters & disk reads/writes

11. Compiler without code size restriction

12. DBase header info (file size, last change date)