FPC linking error under Linux ... cannot find GLU
Author Message
 FPC linking error under Linux ... cannot find GLU

Hello
I installed FPC 1.0.6 on my Mandrake System. All in the default path
/usr/local
I tried to compile some programs, it worked only with console program,
who not need a special lib or unit.
I tried to compile a gluttest.pp, from the example package, but there
comes allways the error msg .. cant find GLU unit
I looked in the fpc.cfg , and I changed some paths, because the units
are in
/usr/local/doc/fpc/1.0.6/examples/opengl .. but also with that change
the same problem. Actually, there is no GLU unit .. only a GLU lib in
mz /usr/lib dir.

Linking problems also with the svga samples ... lvga ..cannot find
bla..bla..

Please give me some feedback,
a snapshot from your fpc.cfg woud be nice, that works with the default
fpc installation.

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:49:45 GMT
 FPC linking error under Linux ... cannot find GLU

Quote:

> Hello
> I installed FPC 1.0.6 on my Mandrake System. All in the default path
> /usr/local
> I tried to compile some programs, it worked only with console program,
> who not need a special lib or unit.
> I tried to compile a gluttest.pp, from the example package, but there
> comes allways the error msg .. cant find GLU unit
> I looked in the fpc.cfg , and I changed some paths, because the units
> are in
> /usr/local/doc/fpc/1.0.6/examples/opengl .. but also with that change
> the same problem. Actually, there is no GLU unit .. only a GLU lib in
> mz /usr/lib dir.

> Linking problems also with the svga samples ... lvga ..cannot find
> bla..bla..

> Please give me some feedback, a snapshot from your fpc.cfg woud be nice,
> that works with the default fpc installation.

These things are distribution dependant, but it is basically quite simple.

- you need the development packages of some libraries installed. Make sure
- that your library directories are listed with -Fl in your ppc386.cfg or
  fpc.cfg
- Unit directory should be -Fu/path/to/lib/fpc/$VERSION/units/$TARGET/*

So your fpc.cfg should look somewhat like this:

-Fu/usr/local/lib/fpc/$VERSION/units/$TARGET/*
-Fl/usr/local/lib
-Fl/lib
-Fl/usr/lib

($VERSION is equivalent to 1.0.6, $TARGET to linux, the compiler auto
substitutes these.)

Also keep the line starting with -v in the default config.

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:58:25 GMT

1. find small database for FPC linux

2. Freepascal v1.0.6 and Cannot find System Error

3. multi threading in fpc linux?

4. Linux/PPC port of FPC working

5. Writing PNG in FPC for Linux, libpng available

6. FPC - linux question

7. Question about FPC under linux

8. Printing problem again FPC under linux

9. fpc and printer under linux

10. Zmodem in Linux with FPC?

11. FPC (linux) and utf-8

12. FPC charset (linux) question