Encrypt\Decrypt HELP...
Author Message
 Encrypt\Decrypt HELP...

First I would like to say THANKS!!!  to all the people that have helped in the
past.  This board is very helpful.  Yet, I have another problem.  I need to
make a Pascal program to encrypt\decrypt a file.  Here goes:

I must use Length, ord, and concat.  Optional are copt and str.  No parameters
please...  It reads from a file then adds 13 to the ascii value and saves the
encryption to another file.  Then reads that file and subtracts 13 and saves
the dycrypted file to another file.  Could someone PLEASE just help me start it
out or give the prog to me... Thanks SOO MUCH, once again.

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Encrypt\Decrypt HELP...
On 09 Oct 2000 21:17:46 GMT, TPJr11 sez:

Quote:
>I must use Length, ord, and concat.  Optional are copt and str.  No parameters
>please...  It reads from a file then adds 13 to the ascii value and saves the
>encryption to another file.  Then reads that file and subtracts 13 and saves
>the dycrypted file to another file.  Could someone PLEASE just help me start it
>out or give the prog to me... Thanks SOO MUCH, once again.

Just out of curiosity, have you done ANY assignments on your own?  If
you build a career out of your school experience, are you planning to
have others write your programs for you in your daily job?

Enough lecturing.  Start by looking up use of the commands
READLN and WRITELN.  Yes, you'll need ord and chr to get
the numeric value of the character, increase it by 13, and
convert it back to a character again.

Show us what you have done so far, and we can help you
identify parts that need more work.

Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
----
If you reply by email, send it to pbs at com dot
canada (or vice-versa).  All adverti{*filter*}ts will be
returned to your postmaster, eh!

Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Encrypt\Decrypt HELP...

Quote:
>Just out of curiosity, have you done ANY assignments on your own?  If
>you build a career out of your school experience, are you planning to
>have others write your programs for you in your daily job?

OK.. FIRST OF ALL, this is the first time I have asked for help with a program!
 I was saying that the message board as a whole has been helpful with tips.
Jeez.  I understand what you are saying, though.  As-a-matter of fact, I am
first in my class. HUA.

Jr.

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:05:40 GMT

1. Encrypt\Decrypt help...

2. Encrypting/Decrypting

3. Encrypt/Decrypt

4. Encrypt/Decrypt Procedure

5. Encrypting and decrypting data

6. Encrypting /Decrypting ...

7. wanted: enc/decrypt programme

8. Encrypting text stored in inidividual database records

9. Using ADO with Encrypted/Password Protected Access databases

10. Encrypting TClientDataSet field values

11. using encrypted access database

12. Encrypting Program with PDOX tables