FPC and crashing DOS IDE
Author Message
 FPC and crashing DOS IDE

I recently installed FPC 1.0.6, and has started porting some of my BP code.
At the moment, I am only trying to compile some small sources consisting of
three files and about 1200 lines of code (and using the GO32 unit). The
only settings I have changed is to 80/50 screen size, some syntax colors
and have the compiler default in TP mode and taking inline assembler as
Intel syntax.

The IDE seems to have quite a few minor bugs, but now it is in a state
where it seems to totaly crash back to DOS after the second compile. One
other strange thing I got before this behaviour started, was that after 3-
4-5 compiles, it suddenly complianed that all my function return
assignments was of wrong type. Quiting FP, and then starting up again and
do a compile did it the correct way.

I am running pure DOS from Win98SE, and have tried all combinations
with/without HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE. Also booting totaly clean generates
the same errors.

Ola

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:04:04 GMT

1. Delphi IDE crash TTable

2. Is Lazarus the future IDE of FPC?

3. problems with Free Pascal Editor IDE for FPC

4. Problems with the Dos - IDE for Free Pascal

5. ADDIDE: FREE DOS IDE WITH SOURCE

6. Can't ctrl+break in DOS IDE under Win95

7. Need help: Running BP7 DOS IDE under windows

8. ? IDE in Windows DOS Box (IDLE problem)

9. Dos protected mode crashing NTVDM in NT4 Workstation

10. FPC (DOS) and (n)curses

11. FLOCK for DOS FPC?

12. Prob: FPC Installation on "DOS 7"