2 questions
Author Message
 2 questions

hello,

freePascal questions.
1) does anyone know howto get the complete, untouched, command line ?. (not
using paramstr())
this is because the untouched command line may have multiple spaces etc,
that i need.

2) does anyone know howto list and kill windows processes/programs from
fpc/win32 ?, using delphi i can use the postmessage to close a program but
that is awkward and not how i wish to do it, im looking for a way to list
*all* proccesses and force, if neccisary, closing of programs.

thanks in anticipation.
adam

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:17:46 GMT
 2 questions

Quote:
> hello,

> freepascal questions.
> 1) does anyone know howto get the complete, untouched, command line ?. (not
> using paramstr())
> this is because the untouched command line may have multiple spaces etc,
> that i need.

That is very platform specific (some OSes preprocess the commandline as
entered, and give the parsed results to the application).

I'm not entirely sure, but IIRC Win32 does something like that too. The
commandline is reconstructed in commandline^, but that suffers the same
limitations as doing it yourself ParamStr().

Quote:
> 2) does anyone know howto list and kill windows processes/programs from
> fpc/win32 ?, using delphi i can use the postmessage to close a program but
> that is awkward and not how i wish to do it, im looking for a way to list
> *all* proccesses and force, if neccisary, closing of programs.

There are Windows Api calls to do this kind of stuff (and postmessage is one
of them). Nearly all API calls are in unit Windows, and certainly this basic
kind.

How it is exactly done under Win32, I don't know. A good reference is the
win32.hlp from borland (IIRC available somewhere on there FTP server in de
Techpub directory).

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:43:48 GMT

1. Questions, questions, questions....So many questions...Help me please...

2. Questions, questions ...

3. Question on passing pointer to procedure - question.zip (0/1)

4. Question on passing pointer to procedure - question.zip (0/1)

5. Timo Salvi's FAQ Question #73 Questioned!

6. Question and answer lost on a SQL query (answer from avegaart)

7. SQL question

8. A question

9. A newbie question

10. Design question