Calling Win32 dlls with dos pascal
Author Message
 Calling Win32 dlls with dos pascal

Hi!

I'd like to know f it is possible to call Win32 DLL-Functions from
either Turbo Pascal (Version 7) or TMT Pascal (Version 3.5).
I remember having seen something like that for DJGPP, the Dos C/C++
compiler.
Or would it be possible to write some kind of interface to DLL with
DJGPP and linking that to Pascal?

tia,
--
Martin "mdefender" Herrmann

http://www.*-*-*.com/
ICQ: 15480366

e-Mail copy is appreciated.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:24:21 GMT
 Calling Win32 dlls with dos pascal

Quote:

>Hi!

>I'd like to know f it is possible to call Win32 DLL-Functions from
>either Turbo Pascal (Version 7) or TMT Pascal (Version 3.5).
>I remember having seen something like that for DJGPP, the Dos C/C++
>compiler.
>Or would it be possible to write some kind of interface to DLL with
>DJGPP and linking that to Pascal?

I'll only answer the general case, since I don't TMT that well.
I don't think that is possible with a real dos compiler.

I once heard a rumour that it is possible via a special VXD that, when
loaded by windows, gives access to win32-functions. (probably by capturing
some INT, and using the info from that int to call windows functions)

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:59:45 GMT
 Calling Win32 dlls with dos pascal

Quote:
> >I'd like to know f it is possible to call Win32 DLL-Functions from
> >either Turbo Pascal (Version 7) or TMT Pascal (Version 3.5).
> >I remember having seen something like that for DJGPP, the Dos C/C++
> >compiler.
> >Or would it be possible to write some kind of interface to DLL with
> >DJGPP and linking that to Pascal?

> I'll only answer the general case, since I don't TMT that well.
> I don't think that is possible with a real dos compiler.

Well, I have to correct myself in this way, I don't mean a real dos
compiler, it can be protected mode or such a thing.

Is there another way to communicate between a TP7/TMT3.5 program and
windows (say, Visual Basic)?

tia,
--
Martin "mdefender" Herrmann

http://martin.herrmann.home.pages.de
ICQ: 15480366

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:38:11 GMT
 Calling Win32 dlls with dos pascal

Quote:

>> >I'd like to know f it is possible to call Win32 DLL-Functions from
>> >either Turbo Pascal (Version 7) or TMT Pascal (Version 3.5).
>> >I remember having seen something like that for DJGPP, the Dos C/C++
>> >compiler.
>> >Or would it be possible to write some kind of interface to DLL with
>> >DJGPP and linking that to Pascal?

>> I'll only answer the general case, since I don't TMT that well.
>> I don't think that is possible with a real dos compiler.

>Well, I have to correct myself in this way, I don't mean a real dos
>compiler, it can be protected mode or such a thing.

I meant, not commandline win32 compiler. Something that works under plain
dos or OS/2. (with the appropiate extender and dpmi server installed)

Quote:
>Is there another way to communicate between a TP7/TMT3.5 program and
>windows (say, Visual Basic)?

Afaik, no.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:02:32 GMT

1. req: freeware 32bit dos/win32 pascal compilers

2. Calling codebase dll functions from another dll

3. 32 Bit DLL call to Comdlg32.dll in Win 95

4. 32 Bit DLL call to Comdlg32.dll in Win 95

5. CloseFile in Delphi DLL not Closing File till Dll Unloads when called from VB

6. calling a DLL of pascal code from Visual Basic

7. VBX in Delphi DLL called from Turbo Pascal Win 1.5

8. How to start up dos programs from Pascal calls

9. How to start up dos programs from Pascal calls

10. Communication DOS/Win32 on the same PC (under Windows)

11. Calling a DLL?

12. Dll function call